Tune ID

Tune ID

There’s a vid on FB of Vinnie Kilduff and Chalie Lennon; the last tune has a B part that sounds like the Congress Reel; I’ve played it but don’t have the name (just brain fade, probably). Can anyone help? Thanks much!

Posted by .

Re: Tune ID

Cross posted but we linked to the same vid.

Posted by .

Pretty tune, never heard it before!

Kilduff’s playing it in Bm (and, unless my ear is off, on an Eb whistle). It’s widely played in Ador/Am and then sounds much like a twisty, tasteful riff on the Corner House. On fiddle at least, I like it in Bm.

Posted by .

Hey Gimpy, it is indeed John Brosnan’s! Thanks everyone for the assist pon this and the other video!

Posted by .

Cracking tune, I’d somehow forgotten that I know it. So thanks for the reminder, and happy to help.

Posted by .

“Pretty tune, never heard it before!”

“It’s widely played in Ador/Am”

Both quotes show how unique every session is. While not many play it around here, I’ve known it since at least 1999. (I picked it up in numerous sessions, with different musicians.) I have never heard it in Ador/Am.

Great tune.

18 years since I posted that. Nearly forgotten it myself, and I have to say I haven’t heard it played that often in sessions since, although it has been recorded several times.

Posted by .