Tunepal playing up?

Tunepal playing up?

Maybe it’s me, but I’ve been having problems with Tunepal over the last few days.

On the PC, I can record a tune or enter a keyword, but the little green rotating circle never stops rotating. PC seems to be otherwise working fine.

On the Android phone, I get a long message telling me “Sorry, Tunepal is having a problem connecting to tunepal.org at the moment. To resubmit (etc etc)….”

Strangely though, a keyword search on the phone works!

Folk Friend seems to be working fine on both, but doesn’t always seem to have the tune I’m looking for.

What am I doing wrong? And what other tunefinders have we access to these days?

Re: Tunepal playing up?

Same here

Me too.

Great to find you’re at one with humankind and not being singled out by the Universe for rough treatment! Anyone finding it working normally?

Sometimes I get that message, usually it works after I close and reopen the app.

Hmmm. Rebooted the PC and now Tunepal works. But also now works on the Android phone. I should have tried it the other way round!

After having trouble with Tunepal I found an app called FolkFriend, I find it very reliable.

Try https://folkfriend.app/ - works in a browser on your phone, iPad, tablet, laptop etc. Thoroughly recommended. I use it twice a week in our session and it’s remarkable in ability to recognise tunes. It’s also free.

Eamons53, thanks for the link to Folkfriend. I browsed through it a bit and now have it in my music tool chest.

If you add FolkFriend as a shortcut on your mobile device, on first run it will completely cache itself and then be able to run completely standalone without any network connectivity later.

Folk Friend is great, but Tune Pal has other features, like saving your favourites, etc. I really wish that Tune Pal would update its tune base!

Posted by .

Adele, if you have specific requests for tune database updates, please consider sending them to Dr. Bryan Duggan the developer of TunePal.

https://bryanduggan.org/

The Session would be a good start! No tune that I’ve posted in the last 6 years is findable on Tune Pal.

Posted by .

Like Michael Eskin said contact directly with TunePal’s developer. Bryan Duggan.
He is good at what he does!

Posted by .