Getting a tour together in Boston, USA
Hope those across the pond can help us here in the UK.
We’re a 6-piece band who’d like to do a tour in Boston next year, probably March / April. I’ve been there once and know there are some big venues which are like huge pubs with a stage at one end. These sound ideal. We are hoping to arrange the trip ourselves and make it pay.
Does anyone have
1) Any names of good venues to try?
2) Any contacts in the audio world who we could employ to provide the PA equipment and do our sound mixing?
3) Any good leads on accommodation?
4) Any other info about stuff we should know, generally, about playing in the US? - such as whether visas are a problem if you’re going out there to "earn money".
5) Any people who’s done this?
For braodband users who want a taste of what we do (works in IE anyway) we’ve got some stuff on http://www.celtmusic.co.uk/harp/crossing%20the%20bridge.htm - however, we’ve got a DVD coming out shortly which was done in a TV sudio and which we could do an NTSC version for sending to potential bookers.
All answers (as long as they’re polite!) welcome…