Fleadh Tunes! 2

Fleadh Tunes! 2

I know there was a recent similar post, but I am looking for hornpipes for the fiddle and whistle. As it is my first year U 18, my hornpipe repertoir is small.

Thanks so much.

Athena

Posted by .

Re: Fleadh Tunes! 2

The Peacock’s Feather no.1 is a lovely fiddle hp. So is the Corofin, although not really trad. (written by Steve Cooney).

If you can get hold of "The Gypsy" (on Skylark’s album "Light & Shade"), it’s a cool and technical hp, for the fiddle.

Good luck
Snorre

Hrmmmmmmm, Harvest Home, From Galway to Dublin, The .. Galway hornpipe? Boys of Bluehill, Paddy Cronin’s

Cheers and Scho0o0o0o0o0l,
Armand

I would suggest any hornpipe EXCEPT These…1. Boys of Blue Hill 2. Off to California 3. Harvert Home 4. The Rights of Man.

…..be original

Posted by .

The old cross is a lovely hornpipe. I played that this year in the All-Ireland. Also Knock of Brigit that’s lovely. I also played that this year hehe.

Trad Girl,
Any chance of you posting these two, or pointing me toward a printed or recorded source, they’re new to me, and I’m a hornpipe lover. - Thanks

Posted by .

Brigid of knock is alreayd on here Kris. I learnt the other tune by ear, and don’t seem to have any music for it however, i’ll in my collection. It could be under abouther name.