So many tunes so suddenly….

So many tunes so suddenly….

Since I finished with the day job, my tune repertoire has suddenly improved. Only four months and not really playing that much more and some of those illusive tunes have stuck at long last.

Things like The Priest and This is My Love do you Like Her. Maybe not tough for some, but sure were for me. I’m just amazed at how suddenly it’s happening. I’m just worried that it’ll just disappear, but at the moment, it’s feeling great.

Sorry, just wanted to share a good moment, ‘cos I do recall thinking I’ll never be able to play that, badly let alone okay..ish.

Sue

Re: So many tunes so suddenly….

Time spend doing is a great improver. Most of us are reasonably competent at our jobs—no wonder. Forty hours a week builds skills and knowledge. Imagine if we could devote that kind of time to the tunes….

Posted .

Try busking - hard work, but good for improving.

Susie-Lee,

Strangely enough I’ve just had exactly the same experience.

I put my back out on Sunday, and have been off work for three days. It’s agony, but sitting up straight in a chair is not too bad, and concentrating on the music takes my mind off the pain.

And whoopy do - four tunes a day, mostly the tricky ones I’d been putting off.

Now I’ve just got to keep it up once I return to the 9 to 5 (or 7:20 to 6 if you account for travel…)

Eno 🙂

I won’t be up above in Suffolk till next April - by which time you’ll no doubt have the whole of O’Niell’s off pat. But I’ll contrive to get in touch, and maybe we’ll have a tune, susie.

I’m really looking forward to my next semester, starting in january. I’m switching from electric bass to fiddle as my main instrument in school. That means I’m going to spend about half of my time in school playing fiddle. And most of my time outside school. It’s going to be great. :D

Posted by .

Being able to play fiddle in school…great stuff.

Suffolk would be glad to have some fresh blood Rab, so do contact us if and when you’re up this way. O’Neil’s off pat! I’m working on it!

Sue