Tommy Peoples - does anyone know tourdates?

Tommy Peoples - does anyone know tourdates?

I heard a rumor that the great Tommy Peoples is touring in the US, but I couldn’t find any tourdates, venues etc. Has anyone heard?

Thanks,
Bloomfield

Re: Tommy Peoples - does anyone know tourdates?

Last I heard, Tommy was back in Ireland trying to hammer out some immigration matters or something. He was hoping to be back home in the Boston area relatively soon. I can ask Matt Heaton if you like — he regularly takes lessons from Tommy, and should know what’s up.

Must run right now, though — gotta go teach the kiddies. ๐Ÿ™‚

Zina

he’s supposed to be at the alberta street public house in portland, oregon on monday april 29. i’m really looking forward to hearing him …

hey zina,

do we know each other? i live in boston and play regularly with matt and shannon and up at the burren, etc. i play fiddle ๐Ÿ™‚

cara

Hi Cara — no, I doubt we’ve ever met. Matt and Shannon were my teachers before they left Colorado for Boston. We’re just getting ramped up for their new release, though — should be great. I’m just waiting on their graphics person to get me the stuff she used for the new album and then we’ll be biffing up the Siucra website, as well as ESL Records and Dearga.

They can tell you just what a poor excuse for a player I am, though, I’m sure! ๐Ÿ™‚

Zina

HI - I’m new here - sortof, I had signed up last summer but lost my password and now I think I’m
in twice or something, but ANYWAY: I took a few lessons from Tommy too, just after I moved
back to Boston last month from Australia…as far as I know, he’s still in Ireland. (Because I’m hoping to
start back up with him when he comes back!) But there’s nothing on his website?
Rachel

Posted by .

Welcome back, Rachel! Yes, I noticed that too, Rachel. I think there’s something up with his immigration papers that didn’t get filed or something, but am not sure. I know that someone or other told me that he does want to be in the States, so for whatever that’s worth…

Zina

the concert that was supposed to happen in portland on monday has been cancelled. as zina said, it apparently is a problem with the INS …

sarah cardin

Tommy left the Boston area about three weeks ago after teaching in the Boston area including at the CCE mussic school at BC for several months. He reportedly made several attempts locally to get his paper work squared away with the INS before departing for Erie. Even Ted Kennedy’s office was called in to see if they could lend assistance, but to no avail. Reportedly he is now trying to gain re-admittance out onthe left coast as part of the tour but reports are that he is still having problems. Will keep my ears open to see if somehow he re-emerges locally.

Play on,

Bob "The Hitman"

Tommy is indeed back. He was at O’Leary’s in Brookline last night and in as fine form as ever.
Cara - it was good to meet you at the Burren last night (and then at the session at the house afterwards). You are one heck of a player! Have a safe trip home and hopefully we’ll meet again.
Zina - Yup, Matt and Shannon are the coolest. What a small world we have here, eh?

Chris