***Salt Lake Piping Club 1st Anniversary Party!***

***Salt Lake Piping Club 1st Anniversary Party!***

The Salt Lake Piping Club is pleased to celebrate our first year anniversary this coming Monday evening, November 29th at Piper Down in conjunction with our regular Monday night sesions. Hard to believe it’s been a full year, but here we are still plugging along.

Things will get moving around 7:00 pm and likely last into the small hours of the morning. Feel free to join us and bring some friends. Should be a grand time! Come for the Guinness…stay for the craic!

www.saltlakepipers.com/Events-Sessions.html
www.saltlakepipers.com/Events-Tionols.html
www.piperdownpub.com/

All the best,

Brian~

Re: ***Salt Lake Piping Club 1st Anniversary Party!***

Cool, what bus do I get from Derry? The 212 maiden city flyer? 🙂

Brian, I get to SLC very occasionally. It was interesting to see both of the pubs listed on your site require "memberships." Is that a local bylaw?

Posted by .

It’s a state law, actually, having to do with alcohol.

Ah, yes. I remember seeing Murphy’s bar there the last time - the one with the sign saying "A Step Down in Social Clubs" Perhaps the state sees it that way, too.

Posted by .

LOL…all laws aside, Murphy’s really IS a step down - on so many levels! I never play there myself anymore if I can help it. But yeah, thanks to Utah’s heavy mormon population, and the basically non existant separation of church and state here, there are laws requiring memberships to any bar that serves anything more than beer. Most will only sharge a few dollars, and even then usually only ask you if you’re a member - instead of asking to see your card.

At any rate, the party should be grand. If anyone happens to be in the area, please feel free to stop by. We play every Monday night, party or otherwise. ;)

Bri~

Guess I could add the url for the site too - there’s a bit more information about tionóls, and sessions and all that there:

http://www.saltlakepipers.com

Brian, Dirk says he’s sorry to miss this and sends his greetings — I offered to drive out to Salt Lake with him, but he’s too busy at work to go. 😏 Maybe we can head out your way at some point for a session, though.

Zina - I got an email from Dirk just yesterday actually. And WHY AREN’T YOU IN YOUR CAR ALREADY is all I can say?! It should be a great time! We’ve always had a balst over at Brian C’s basement pub there for the Rocky Mountain Pipers’ Gatherings. If only we had good musicians here too! LOL We’re good at drinking ourselves silly though, so either way we’ll have fun!