For ‘Backer’ Eyes Only

For ‘Backer’ Eyes Only

Just received the Celtic Backup book and Cd in the mail (my birthday present πŸ˜‰ and am looking forward to working through it- looks great! I need some hlelp with a few other ‘ideas/tips’ that I received in these discussions:
Does anyone know how to import music from a cd into ‘audacity’ in order to slow it down etc… And is it possible to download the midi files from this or some other site? (If so, how?)

Posted by .

Re: For ‘Backer’ Eyes Only

To download midi files from The Session, right click on the midi file you want and choose "save link target as" or whatever the equivalent is on your computer. Tell your computer where you want the thing to be saved, and hit OK. Tada. πŸ™‚ (This works with just about any file online, really.)

Tanks, Zina- that was easy πŸ˜‰ But unfortunately, still having lots of trouble with the other… each time I download, slow down programs (or the tunegrabber) they seem to not run and mess up my computer’s ability to shut down so, I end of having to uninstall-… but i’ll look up the whole notion of ‘ripping’ and see if I can come up with something… tx

Posted by .

I really like CoolEdit, myself, for PC, and my husband (a Machead) uses Amazing Slowdowner and likes that.

And there was I, innocently thinking some kind soul had concocted a topic for my eyes only! I use Amazing Slowdowner myself.

Melody, countermelody, chords, ‘clawhammer picking’, ?????

Which of these do you most often use?

(I hated to disappoint you, Backer ;-(

Posted by .

What part of "Transcribe!" don’t you guys understand?

This incredible software (available in equivalent Linux, Windows and Mac X and classic versions) will slow down any MP3, WAV, AIFF, etc. audio file. It will also slow down directly from a CD inserted in your CD-ROM drive.

It lets you change keys, adjust tuning, loop any selection for playback, split single tunes out of medleys, apply section, measure and beat markers, and finally, save all of your settings in a file so you can come back to the tune later, just the way you left it.

http://www.seventhstring.com/

If you already paid to register one of the other programs, it still won’t hurt to download Transcribre! and try it free for 30 days to see how great it its.

DISCLAMER: I really have noooo interest in seventhstring, financial or otherwise, save the $40 I paid to register the sucker, money well spent in my opinion!

You can use Winamp (free download) to play a CD directly (without needing to burn an mp3 file) and use it along with Pacemaker (a free plugin) you can slow the tempo and/or change the pitch.

Beats the pants off the so-called Amazing Slowdowner.

On Linux I use XMMS with the Sound Stretcher plugin.

It can slow down media files and CD’s without changing the pitch. You can also adjust the pitch so that a tune in A can be played in D, G, C, F, whatever.