Michael Gill and the Inflatable Pub?

Michael Gill and the Inflatable Pub?

I was just reading the December issue of Maxim (for the articles of course) and came across this little article that folks around here might get a kick out of…

"Being fall-down drunk just became a lot less painful thanks to Michael Gill, inventor of a mobile, inflatable pub that’s big enough for you and 149 drinking buddies."

It seems that for only $36,000, you can own a basic version.

More information available at www.theinflatablepub.com.

So, Mr. Gill, how is business thus far? Obviously a different man, but I was amused.

Re: Michael Gill and the Inflatable Pub?

It all started when he came up with the inflatable bodhran player and sat him there as a decoy.

Posted by .

There are NO bodhran players in Michael’s pub, whether they’re inflatable or not.

Posted by .

I’m going to call mine the Humpback and Profiterole - what will you call yours?

Aww, I was hoping it going to have a bouncy floor so you wouldn’t hurt yourself when you collapsed drunk.

And pipers would be able to plug their pipes into the inflatable-pub wall to save blowing them.

is this the same michael gill who also has an inflatable wife…

Posted by .

An inflatable ego?

He’s got a bouncy fiddle, by all accounts…..

How do you know it isn’t the Michael Gill known and loved by us all?

… season of goodwill and all that …

Trevor

We had an inflatable pub, and we had a special pipers session that we had all been looking forward to for months, and the pipers plugged into it to save having to blow or work the bellows.

The whole thing was a bit of a let down.

;o)

An inflatable barman lit a cigarette in the inflatable pub in front of the inflatable customers, then stubbed it out when he remembered that it was 2006 and smoking was banned.
However the inflatable manager saw him and called him into the inflatable office.
He said:
"You’ve let yourself down, you’ve let me down, you’ve let the customers down, but worst of all you’ve let The Pub down"

Posted by .

This idea spun out of the inflatable bus stop one.

Michael Gill’s ‘s got an inflatable violin. He calls it a viola.

(Michael, I’ll be sure to hide under the tables next time I’m in Bendy Sall’s) πŸ™‚

Jim

I’m sure Michael would love the idea of an inflatable pub. It would only need to be blown up so far. Just enough for the desired " between six and eight musicians" plus the bar tender.
All the punters and percussionists could remain outside in the beer garden. πŸ™‚

LOL — that’s hilarious! Why would anyone think this was a good idea, I wonder?

Nice to "see" you, Jason!

Yeah, it’s been a busy semester. One more to go until my Masters is finished and life can carry on post-college. Anywho, nice to see I’m not the only person around here amused by this pub thing πŸ™‚

Yay! You go, Jason. Got something lined up for post Masters?

Likely return to Baltimore (Philly’s fun, but it still isn’t home), get a teaching job (some form of Special Education), and take life from there. Keep my summers open for travelling and what-not. Get back to fluting a bit more (it’s taken the passenger seat the last few months). Getting a job should be rather easy, so things are looking good πŸ™‚ I’ll be in touch.

So, is there any special tips about masters students? Looks like I’ve got at least 2 to supervise next year. Oh boy.

Tips for MA Students…

First tip: Don’t ever let them feel that "oh boy" attitude. You do that…their sunk. Or…they’ll find a new first reader and you’ll look like an idiot.

Posted by .

If ya fall dooon, d’ya bounce ba’ ooopright ta finish yer sentence?

Kewl, Jason, can hardly wait. πŸ™‚ Don’t be a stranger, now.