Fiddle player to visit Ireland

Fiddle player to visit Ireland

Hi all, hope that rather ambiguous title got your attention! I’m going to be visiting ireland in january probably from the 3rd till the 7th/8th. Have really only been to dublin before but am looking to go to Cork or Galway. (partly cause the guy i stay with (gerry paul, great guitarist from band Grada, go check them out!) is back playing in new zealand just now with his bird…

Anyhow, wasn wondering if anyone from those places could recomment some good sessions and places to see, and of course somewhere to stay! (i’m very clean!)

Anyhow, Merry Xmas to all in here, and hope to hear back from ya’ll!

Jamiedj

Re: Fiddle player to visit Ireland

p.s. SORRY for the typing errors there, never was one for proof reading!

the only thing I can recommend is not calling a friends woman friend a bird!

yeah - call her a burd

on’y jokin’

happen its a parakeet

It’s an affectionate term….

So’s ‘hen’

Posted by .

hey jamiedj

- if you play with the Grada guys, surely you no the flute player Alan Doherty is at home in Dublin at the moment!!

I played with him in the Proter House in Dublin a couple of weeks ago and want to play with him again!!!

If your in Dublin with him get him to give me a call!!

Be careful, I went to Galway for the weekend some time ago and ended up staying ten years.

hi sefanpaz, will be seeing alan so i’ll say hi to him from you, quite looking forward to the trip now! Wonder if the weather will be warmer than scotland!

When are ya over Jamie? - is it the 3 - till 7/8?
Im back in dublin from the 4th get Al to call me and we’ll get you to come out to one of our sessions with him in Dublin ifd your staying there. It’ll be p*ssy weather as always!