A Big, Big Applause to the Wrigley Sisters from Orkney!

A Big, Big Applause to the Wrigley Sisters from Orkney!

I didn’t know there’re some video clips of their performance available on the net. They’re fabulous on fiddle and guitar, and have killer Orkney accents. If you don’t know them, you should check the link below: fantastic show with lovely talks and nice reactions from the audience.
http://tinyurl.com/3olfa

Re: A Big, Big Applause to the Wrigley Sisters from Orkney!

"Hellow, my name is Jennifer. This is my sister Hazel and we come from Orhknee." 🙂

Sorry about that. Thanks for the link, Slainte. I’ll have to check that one out.

I believe one of them (Jennifer?) studied violin making in London, at the same place I learned to make mandolins - some 10 years before I was there.

Thanks Jeremy for having made the link compact.

Just remind you, you need Real Player to see the concert.

I love the Wrigley Sisters. They taught at Valley of the Moon last year- it was just fabulous. Oddly enough, most of our classtimes seemed to be taken up by them telling false teeth stories, which were so great in their accents….

I was at VOM this year too! 😀 Their teeth stories were *fabulous*! As, of course, was their playing!!

What I introduced to you is the middle one found in the archive of the Kennedy Center website. The picture is small, but you can at least hear them telling some classic Orkney jokes.

Mariel- which class were you in? Moderate or fast (or slow)? It would be amusing if we were in the same one =^.^= I hope Alasdair invites the Wrigley sisters back again, they were fantastic.

I got to trade false teeth stories with Jennifer at VOM also!
Playing in the sessions with them and play their tunes with them at the end of camp concert was amazing.
Both sisters are excellent teachers and too delightful for words.

I was in the fast out class. How ‘bout you? They were so fantastic! 😀