sessions in E. Durham each Sunday afternoon

sessions in E. Durham each Sunday afternoon

For those of you who might take a break in attending the Irish Fest in E. Durham, NY this weekend, there will be a session at the Ferncliff Manor Sunday from 2-6 pm. Alternate Sundays will be at the Shamrock Inn from 3-7pm. My partner John on fiddle, banjo and guitar will attend if he’s recovered from a construction accident along with myself on keyboard. My husband might even contribute on the hammered dulcimer. Tony Scanlon on flute, whistle and C box runs the sessions. Last Sunday was the first I attended, and I had great fun. They were up dancing to the music.

Re: sessions in E. Durham each Sunday afternoon

Is this going to be a regular schedule indefinitely or just over the summer? I’d like to go there but this weekends all sewn up.

Just for the summer as far as I know. John and I will be at the Shamrock tomorrow from 2-6pm
per Tony’s request if anyone wants to stop by. I don’t know if it’s a session or gig, we’ll find out
when we get there.

So was it a gig or a session? Just saw the notice on Monday - I woiuld like to try and make it sometime. If anyone ever has any time on a weekday, we have a small get together Wed 12-1 lunchtime on the lawn of the Senate House in Kingston. Not strictly ITM, we songswap and play the occassional fiddle tune, but anyone is welcome. Bob Lusk

Hi, Bob. Sorry to reply after I’ve already seen you, but I don’t get to the library regularly enough to keep up on posts. It was a session, but only for the four of us and two young stepdancers who came in with their father and a Gay Gordons at the end. Memorial Day Sunday was the session with the names from "The Field". Did most of the dancers leave before I got there yesterday? Not as many as two weeks ago, but it was fun anyway, yes? Kingston is a further reach for us than E. Durham, but maybe we’ll be down there at that time some day. Great meeting you, see you there again?