Feile an Earraigh, West Belfast

Feile an Earraigh, West Belfast

Check out website

http://www.feilebelfast.com

for the details on this years Feile an Earraigh. A great weekend of events and music based in west Belfast. A great way to get everyone in the festival form and ready for an action packed festival season to come!

Re: Feile an Earraigh, West Belfast

Hope to see you there miss Kerr, I take it there may be a possibility of you having a few tunes? Myself, Breandan, Andy and a couple of others are playing on the Saturday before it finishes, why dont you call in to the Red Devil, I`ll even keep you a seat if you want. Actually come to think of it, I cant remember the last time I had tunes with you. Hope you`re keeping well.

Maria.

Hi Lára and Maria

Sorry I’m going to miss this one. Tarrrrrrrrrrnation!
I spotted a wee photo on the website -would that be Paul Conlon on banjo, Gary Duffy on flute and Paddy O’Hare hanging his head in shame over his piping? :¬)

I’ll be home over Easter - anyone about for a couple of tunes?

Conán x

yup conan
I’l probably be home/in Belfast over Easter and back doing the owl session circuit for a few days. Fingers crossed everyone hasnt forgotten what my ugly mug looks like!!
Pity you’ll not be about for the Feile. Maria - I’l more than likely be there on the saturday for the session. Im playing on the sunday night in the Red Devil too with our Barry. It’ll be a great weekend

Laura xo

Sound as a pound Laura, see you about at some stage, the tunes are going to be great, Adrian Scathill will be up with our John as well. Might go and listen to you on the sunday too.
Conan give us a wee e-mail before you come and I`ll give you my number so we can get together, I`ve lots of gossip for you to catch up with, I`ll supply the buideal this time round.

Maria
xxx

Wait a minute Maria, did we meet at Madden’s on Monday night in November, or was that Sunday night? My wife and I were in town visiting my brother Martin and family for Thanksgiving….Brendan was there as well.

Posted by .

Hello Jodie, how are you and your wife keeping?They were lovely tunes that night and it was nice to meet the both of you, I hope the next time you are in Belfast you wont forget to come and have a tune.

Maria
xxx

Me? Forget to have a tune? We had a great time, and thanks for hosting us. Kate especially loved sitting in with some great fluters (not that I didn’t)!! We hope to see you next time we are in town.

Posted by .

Tell you what, it was great to see more fiddlers in the place, I must say, your wife is a very tasteful player, I was sorry that I didnt get a chance to hear her properly, Both of you are welcome back any time, but this time we`ll make a night of it.

Hi Lara,
is that this weekend? I went on the web site but not sure of the programme. Will try to come with a few others from crumlin/glenavy area (brendan and stevie mulholland.) John (fiddle player from around crumlin)

Its next weekend.Stevie can only come if he promises to keep his boots on!

Posted by .

Bloody right I`ve smelt his kebbs they`re bogging.

aye Johnny Its next weekend..should be good shteam!!!
I’ll remember to bring the odour eaters for stevie.

Lara, Maria, etc.

Coming up shortly now - will see youse all on Saturday!

BTW I’m with Lara on this ‘lost’ mojo - anyone who can belt out Richard Dwyer’s etc isn’t missing anything in my book!

In particular I remember a crazy night in Maddens a couple of years back, about 50 musicians up from the country, and yerself beatin’ out the tunes over the lot of them…

Later…

A. Boxplayer (!)

Your secret is safe with me continuo. by the way you`re a wee sweety !