Grada - new irish band outta dublin

Grada - new irish band outta dublin

Hi all, have been listening to a CD called Endeavor, by Grada. THey are a new band out of dublin, (i used to play with a couple of them in NZ). THe CD is absolutely fantastic, the whistle/flute player is phenominal, he is the guy that recorded the whistle part on the lord of the rings soundtrack. Great singer and double bass really makes the album - was recorded in Trevor Hutchinson’s (of Lunassa fame) studio in Dublin. Not sure if you can buy it out of Ireland but the website is "gradamusic.com". Loads of new tunes on it! (good ones!)
Jamie

Re: Grada - new irish band outta dublin

Not to quibble, but I’d heard that Joanie Madden was the whistle player on Lord of the Rings.

Posted .

Jamie - I know the flute player alan and the fiddle player brendan- I met the two nz - Chris(?) and Andrew - God Chris gave me such a hard time, but I did see them in concert in galway - and they are the next BIG thing - absolutley brilliant!

Posted by .

nope - it was Alan Doherty from grada ;-))

Posted by .

sorry - gerry, not chris ;-)

Posted by .

"Not to quibble, but I’d heard that Joanie Madden was the whistle player on Lord of the Rings."

The word on chiff & fipple is that (IIRC) Joanie did record some tracks, but not all that they wanted her for and that non of her stuff was included in the Fellowship of the Ring soundtrack. Stuff like this is the subject of inquiry almost as intense as that into the kind of whistle played by Andrea Corr, and I am sure that a quick search over at c & f will give you more details than you wanted to know. It has also recently been discovered who played the over-dubbed whistle for Jean-Luc Picard when he played his Ressikan Flute on TNG.