Jean-Michel Veillon Concert & Workshop in Belfast

Jean-Michel Veillon Concert & Workshop in Belfast

hey, just received an email from Belfast flute player Davey Maguire letting me know about JMV’s concert in Belfast.

Jean-Michel is holding a flute workshop in the Crescent Arts Centre, Belfast on Saturday 19th March @ 11am

JMV in concert, along with Belfast guitarist Jim Rainey kicks off on Sunday 20th March @ 3pm in the John Hewitt Bar (Donegal Street, Belfast). Pay £5 at door.

I’d advise any flute/breton music enthusiasts to get there early!! This will be a cracking gig!!

more info on www.belfasttrad.com

Laura

Re: Jean-Michel Veillon Concert & Workshop in Belfast

yep,

his style is so overwhelming you can’t but admire him.
what did i say?
he plays beyond style!
he’s master of the instrument.
in any style!

can you tell i’m an absolute fan? 😀

mm

Posted by .

jean-michel veillon = style!

I am soooooo jealous!

Erm, any chance of a wee schneaky minidisc recording?

Mr Bloop??

I saw him a couple of years playing in Belfast and i can echo the enthusiasim of the previous posts, he is brilliant!!

I went to his workshop and concert (with Hammy Hamilton) here in Cork on Saturday - it was really good. If you can make it, you won’t be disappointed!
Deirdre

all minidisc recorders will be confiscated at the door… :P

Jean-Michel is a great man and briliant flute player.
He was here in Poland twice last year. In Dowspuda - we have a celtic festival there and in Poznan. To Dowspuda he has came with Kornog, and to Poznan just with Jamie McMenemy. Incredible concert, really great. We can’t wait for his another visit at the end of this year.

Posted by .

so great to read that he met Hammy again 🙂
we had a flute workshop last november (near brugge, belgium)
JM for the breton and Hammy for the irish style…
they played a lovely little concert at dranouter… each did their style and then they played together… magical!

I know mm ( 🙂= that you’re an absolute fan… time to go to brittany… 😉 …
too long untill next november workshop 🙁 (that will be the 4th time with JM then 😀)

we saw kornog last year at a fez noz 😉 and last summer toud’sames was at the dranouter festival…that was such an emotional concert… so wonderful, …

HE IS THE WIZARD OF THE WIND!!!

hope to hear and see JM very soon… 😀
lievegreetings

Posted by .

Conán- Paul Conlon wants to video it. I dont know if I want evidence of my playing to exist after the gig tho!

Posted by .

Ah you’re too modest! How’s it going? Seems to be a shedload of music happening in Belfast these days, and it was pretty hectic when I was there.

If the gig’s being videoed, that would be wonderful. Not that I need an excuse to call up and see Paul or anything but it would certainly be a very good one.
Good luck for the 20th! It’s a bit early to say so, but could be one of the gigs of the year.

Cheers

Conán

Murrough, are you doing bouncer? Id like to see you try get the camera off mr conlon!!

JM is a brilliant all round musician. I heard him last year in Culturlan.
PS. Are you not meant to be away with craobh rua mr bloop this weekend or have you got that you can morph into hyperspace and be in two places at the one time?

Im in England with Craobh Rua Thurs,fri and sat.I fly back Sunday just in time for the gig (therefore no rehearsals-Doh!).
At least it means that I dont have to drive all the way home with the boys
Ill try to minidisc it for you Conán if Paul doesnt record it. Youre right -lots of tunes in Belfast this fortnight-
I think Belfast has more sessions running now than it has ever had. Lets hope people dont get sick of it.

Posted by .

If I was back I don’t think I could get sick of it. Thanks for offering to record it Mr Bloop-de-doo.
Who’s piping with Craobh Rua now Paddy Davey’s left? Did I hear right that it’s Desy McCabe again?

Cheers
Conán

Desys back on the pipes-tho hes not with us for these gigs.
The last time we toured England we had Paddy for the first few gigs and Desy for the last few.
Just when 1 supply of jokes was exhausted along came the next batch!

Posted by .

Jesus. Right enough!

So when are you getting Frank Carson in on the pipes?

padraig rynne, a great concertina player will be at the gig also!
so, I’m sure there will be a fantastic session afterwards 😀… don’t forget your gear 😉

lievegreetings

Posted by .