Pro Tools Download

Pro Tools Download

I’m looking for a reliable link for downloading pro tools software for my PC. I understand that there is a free version somewhere that will allow recording and editing up to 8 tracks without needing to have the ‘box" for inputing. Your comments and help are most appreciated.

Posted by .

Re: Pro Tools Download

This looks like a great tool for MAC users. The one drawback on this for windows users is it only works with Win98 or Win/ME. Not with W2K or XP. That’s why I went with Audacity. http://audacity.sourceforge.net It working great for me. No additional hardware and plenty of features as discussed on other threads here.

Ken

The download site only shows Pro tools for OS9 not OSX<grrr>

Posted by .

Grrrrrrrrrrr is right! Thanks for the input and website but I have XP and do have audacity and transcribe— I specifically wanted to work with Pro tools. Ok so Kerri— where did you find yours and how much???

Posted by .

I bought it in a music store for the ticket price. Money well spent IMO. It’s a great system. I forget exactly how much it was, but I’m sure you can find out if you prowl around on http://www.digidesign.com

I use Pro Tools LE with the Digi001. I bought it off ebay for $600. Then I built a computer just for recording with an AMD Processor running Win98. I DID NOT put in a network card, that way there is no internet connection which keeps all the little nasties away that like to mess up all the work I put into getting the whole system to work. I really like it but I would read up as much as you can about it since it is very dependent on the type of hardware and OS in the computer. The interface has two preamps on it but you can usually find a small Mackie mixer that will add four more preamps for about $150. Another system to check is the Mbox which is pretty popular and you might be able to find it used. WARNING: the recording bug is addictive and can cost you a really, really big chunk of money.