Ceird an Cheoil, TG4, 7.30pm Wednesday

Ceird an Cheoil, TG4, 7.30pm Wednesday

This brilliant series has a documentary on banjo making tonight, check it out!

Posted by .

Re: Ceird an Cheoil, TG4, 7.30pm Wednesday

it’s going to be good.
Also, Siar an Bothar @ 9.30 looks like it’l be good tonight too. old footage of Frankie Kennedy and Mairead Ní Mhaonaigh, among many others is scheduled for tonight.

you back home then Daz?

Hey Lara,

Back and recovering….brilliant tour. Conor and Maeve are brilliant people and Grada are the best band I’ve seen live yet by a long way. They are sound aswell!

What you up to?

Posted by .

not much, pretty quiet in gweedore at the moment. (as you can see, Ive been learning the tg4 schedule off by theart!!) up and down to belfast with gigs though. didnt make it down to the nyah festival unfortunately, Mc Aleer was sayng he was going down to it though.
Glad to hear the tour went well, Im sure you had great fun alright!! Il have to get a wee trip down to cavan over easter…you up to anything? Ive nothing much planned yet, we’ll have to catch up

Hi Darren - nice site !
That show was good,(was on on Sunday night!) I especeially enjoyed the history of the banjo, and Moloneys insights and theres a nice duet between 2 of the better known players.

Re: Gráda - Were you on tour with them? - well for you!
I’ve shared the stage with Alan a few times, & enjoyed the craic - he’s a funny fella…Is he back in town too?
S

Definitely not to be missed. This programme was already shown on Sunday night and included top-class performers such as Kieran Hanrahan, John Carty, Gerry O’Connor, Pat Costello, Tom Cussen, Mick Moloney, etc - Well done TG4, keep up the good work!!

darren you should ban connor from your site. ha ha!!! typical!!

Come down to Cavan Lara…nothing planned as yet, just chilling, we did 6000km in Germany. I’m off to the States for almost 2 months with the CD at the end of next week…so you have to.

Couldn’t ban Conor from the site..by the way he got the job of boss of the festival in Belfast…class!

Stefan, Alan is back alright. Myself and Joe Brennan were one of the bands playing support to Grada on The Irish Spring Tour in Germany. They are a class bunch and Alan is one of the funniest people I’ve ever met…and a class musician

Posted by .

not conor byrne ya balloon!! yeah Il give you a shout before the weekend. heading to haydens pub on saturday night (pomeroy), i could do a detour at some stage of the game. talk soon Darren

Lors

reading over that last post of mine, ive noticed it could be misinterpretted. (spelling!!)

I’m over the moon conor byrne got that job with Feile an Phobail,

I was talking about a different conor on your site,

aaaaahhh!!! Im hopeless

oh that Connor….check out custys guestbook…..he found a dead wasp in their window and he had been looking everywhere for one! Good Grief

Posted by .

Sweet, gone someone phone me or mind me at 7:30pm to watch that, cos I missed it on Sunday! Fair play to Conor (Byrne), no better man for the job! When will yous ever learn not to put a message board on a trad site? :P

i say it on sunday,
has the fella Howley that kieron Hanrahan spoke about any cd?
he sounded great