A Patron?

A Patron?

If we were to have a Patron for this site, which ITM demi-god would we dedicate it to?

And please, do not nominate me, even in jest.

Re: A Patron?

Seamus Ennis.

;^)

Hmmm, does one have to be dead to be a demi-god?
If so, MIchael Coleman.
If not, Tommy Peoples.

Do demi-goddesses count?

how about hemi-demi-semi-godesses, like the beautiful Irish girl who walked into our session a while back wearing blue jeans, a blue sweater with a superman symbol on it, and a bright red coat? I believed the girl could fly…

Posted by .

Garrett Barry.

Posted by .

PEACE GRY, self proclaimed god.

Posted by .

How about a demi-gloss?

demi-gloss - is that a gloss half empty or a gloss half full?

Posted by .

Oh wait, that doesn’t work in Americanese!

Posted by .

Seamus Tansey

He seems to be the topic of many a conversation here!!!

We could get him online to join in the rants!!

St Cecilia?

St. Julian……..Patron saint of fiddlers.

St. Frank Zappa

Michael Gill is actually Seamus Tansey, we can ask him if he wants the distinction.

I think it works fine, Matt. Made me chuckle. You’re all about the puns these days. Why are you wasting all your one liners here anyway? *You* know where they belong…

(*cracking whip*)

Everyone should already know that God is female.

A couple of serious answers, but no meat. What about O’Carolan, "Chief" O’Neill, O’Riada, Michael Flatley?

LOL, Q!

BB, if you’re going to get into gender, why not number as well? How about a whole pantheon of patron gods and goddesses? That would level the playing field among those of differing opinions as to the correct patron based on instrument, allow for a grand ceili in heaven, *and* follow a good old Irish tradition. 😉

"Animal" the muppet drummer and "Zoot" the muppet sax player. We would also need Miss Piggy for gender balance as the singer. She outweighs both of them. :^) (^:

Nah, if you’re going to go the muppet route, gotta be Floyd the guitarist. He’s the best.

Well, Miss Piggy would still weigh about the same as the other three, Animal, Zoot and Floyd. That’s still better gender balance.

I keep picturing Bacchus as drinking out of a bodhran, but I won’t go there (already told its politically incorrect by the Thread Master).

Not that we are going to adopt a real demi god here, but my serious thought would be Paddy Moloney, especially after the death of Derek Bell and Sean Keane (and possibly Martin Fay?) retiring. We could get a furry brown hairpiece for him so he would look like he did on the ‘73 whistle album with Sean Potts. Maybe we could stampede to Matt Molloy’s pub and see if a formal adoption ceremony would warrant a free round (or two, or three, or….) of drinks. :^) (^: