Easter Snow

Easter Snow

Just been thinking about the Easter tunes I have had in the past.

Many years ago I used to head off to the Roscommon Fleadh much as a pilgrim would head to Rome or Jerusalem. Arriving in some wee hole in the hedge like Keadue to hear the sound of Tansey in all his glory, or mad sessions in Gerry Mattimoe’s pub in Boyle, or listening to the ramblings of Pat Mc Kay talking about the dead cow in the stream we had been drinking from for the past three days in Ballinlough. [Not!]

It’s been a long time since then but still have a sort of easter routine.

I have just finished boiling the eggs for the kids to paint and then we will head off to Saul to the ENORMOUS statue of St Patrick, eggs rolled down the hill and then we lep after them.

Then back to the house for cream of leek soup followed by roast lamb in a rosemary and red wine sauce, broccoli and cauliflower cheese, fine green beans with garlic and creamed potatoes.

Chill out with the rest of the bottle of australian shiraz and let it all settle for a while.

Then gather up the whistle and flute and off to Speedy’s for a few tunes before coming home around 10 for a night cap and drop off into the drunken stupor.

Not a bad plan, eh? 😛

What’s your day going to be like?

Re: Easter Snow

We just did our Easter egg hunt, but we didn’t bother to color them this year. We find that the white eggs are harder to find. We will have a roast chicken for dinner around noon, with stuffing, mashed potatoes, and gravy, and ice cream for desert. Might go outside and play, since it’s a nice day. I’ll play tunes by myself for a while, read a book that I picked up yesterday at the library, maybe put on a movie later, hang some laundry, transplant some seedlings….ahhh… I LOVE the weekends

The first part of Easter will be appreciating all of the little children. The second part will be repairs. Last time, they broke the toilet and reprogrammed the TV. The Refrigerator magnet thingees ended up all over the house after being drenched in infant saliva. We’re still finding them a year later.

Daughter has gotten a septic throat, so no chocolate or proper Easter dinner, poor mite. On the other hand, cleaned everything in sight so the house is fit for all to view, and now I`m away to put on another load of washing. A nice quiet day, no stress, and I get to put the serious mummy head on,since the tunes were great last night, no worries either, except to get some antibiotics [ again ] for the sick child.
Bain sult as an casca a Bhreandain.

Despite having bronchitis, Easter was spent at Miskin Festival in Wales. Great time with some lovely musicians.