overton or Chieftain

overton or Chieftain

hello, i face a terrible dilemma:
to buy the Chieftain Soprano D or the
Overton Soprano D.
please, if you have any recommendations and opinions i would be happy to hear them

Re: overton or Chieftain

What type of instrument is it?

The chiff and fipple website has reviews of various whistles. I seem to remember a lengthy review from someone who compared the overton and chieftain range of whistles. Why not head to that site and see if it helps.

Cheers
Simon

Posted by .

personally I’d prefer a shaw - you might have to fiddle with it but for me they’re much more in tune- and quite a bit cheaper -if you lose it in a bar it’s not the end pf the world

Burke!

I prefer a Burke.

Reyburn gets my write-in vote. It really helps if you can try a few different kinds.

Posted by .

I tried Overton and was really great. In fact my low D is an Overton. My soprano D & C is a Harper, and I’m very comfortable with it.

The small overton’s are too loud for my taste. The big uns are the bee’s knees though

Posted .

My vote is for Alba if you want volume, Seery if you want tone holes that work as a built in anti theft device, and Burke if you want to sound like everyone else (Don’t get me wrong, love my burke, but it is a bit *too* even…)

I love Chris’s Burke too. In my mind the best whistle I borrow in sessions!

Overton.

Athena

Posted by .

Burke or O’Briain….

Generation!

Posted by .