adding a tune

adding a tune

Hi all,
I haven’t been onhere for a while but I’m back now and I’ve got a question.

I want to submit a tune but I don’t know anything about the ABC format but the only way one can submit a tune onhere is in ABC format.
does anyone know of a website where I can transfer my sheetmusic into ABC format or is there someone who is willing to do it for me so I can add the tune?

Thanks

Re: adding a tune

Don’t be lazy πŸ™‚ Learn how to write abc. It takes all of 15 minutes, maybe less if you can already read sheetmusic.

Just please, if you learn it, learn it properly and check your tune through thoroughly before you click on submit. Pleeeease.

Re: Witch editor?

Make sure you run your ABC file past a spell-checker first. Spell-checkers are magic.
Must fly.

Geoff, you must be joking! What will a spell checker do but change things to suit itself πŸ™‚ Like changing a "a" to "A" if it thinks it’s starting a sentence, or changing a group of notes into a real word. Now there’s an opportunity for some surreal music!
Seriously though, it’s best to use a simple text editor that doesn’t have a spell checker.

Trevor

IrishDancer, Look up the Links, & look at the category ABC. There is a link to ABCNavigator, which is free. There are also links to sites with advice on how to use it. Some of these links are still active. Download the Navigator & give it a go. Honestly, it is worth it.

thanks all…. I can read sheetmusic but I’m not a star at it. I can manage.
I’ll give it a try πŸ˜‰ and maybe you’ll see that tune onhere in a few decades πŸ˜‰

where do I get this abc format half the links here dont work page not found etc.
so anyone tell me where I can get this ABC thingy from
ta
mick