Composium, June 11 at L’Alizé in Montreal

Composium, June 11 at L’Alizé in Montreal

This is be a concert of local musicians from various traditions (Quebecois, Irish and Scottish) showcasing tunes they’ve dreamt up over the years.

A CD will be released at the concert featuring compositions from many of the participants and many excellent musicians who (snif snif) unfortunately can’t make it to the show.

Come on all you Montreal lurkers, I know you’re there. Print off some flyers and round up your buddies. We have the place until 3 AM, so chances are good a session will follow.

Details (printable jpg!) at http://www.composium.uni.cc

Re: Composium, June 11 at L’Alizé in Montreal

OK, so uni.cc is down again (I’d love to be irritated, but it’s free and there are no ads, so I’ll suffer in silence.) New plan, PHONE your buddies and say “Come to l’Alizé on June 11 at 8 PM and bring ten bucks”

Jean Duval, Christophe Comte, Serge Leroux, Caroline Tardif, Laurence Beaudry, Christine Fortin, David Boulanger, Mike Ayles and Richard Lupiens will be playing.

Glad to see you got this all the way off the ground. I wish I could be there, but I’ve got a daytime gig in NY the following day and I need my beauty sleep.

KFG

Posted by .

Maybe next year, Kevin.

ee

Well my dear Kerri Brown -
This is a great selection of local players. In particular, I’d like to emphasize the Mike Ayles gang (their recent recording ‘La Part du Queteux - is fresh and musically interesting and I hear that a new recording might be near at hand) But I fear the organizers of this nice get-together appear to have forgotten to
invite the ‘quintessential’ Gossage/Mooreman/MacGeachy/Kehler ‘ballistic-fusion celtoids’ and their associates including Davy Gallant and Michelle Campagne. In street-speak, the TuneNoids’ (translated into west Montrealese, the ‘Tuna MUC’). In fact, what about the’ nightly visions’ from the ‘shrouded Erin’ - Orealis? I hope this was an unfortunate oversight on the part of the organization commitee that will be promptly rectified.
Regards,
PrairieDawg
(Montreal

I’ll have whatever he’s having.