Guinness Popsicles

Guinness Popsicles

Here’s a HOW TO for converting cans of Guinness to popcicles by freezing them, slicing the bottom of the can, inserting a stick, cutting the top off the can, and sliding the can off. The results look beautiful and delicious. For all of the bright, sunny, hot days in Ireland this summer.

http://www.lucaswolfen.co.uk/

Re: Guinness Popsicles

While it is in the freezer, sample a Guinness float. Haagen Daz coffee ice cream is especially nice.

Posted by .

there’s always Guinness ice cream over a warm chocolate brownie.
recipe is in the archive 🙂

Oh no! more illusions shattered.

But it is, Brian.

Posted by .

Frozen Guinness?

Jaysus what a waste of perfectly good nectar.

What does Guinness have to do with Irish music? I can’t believe you asked that question.

Posted by .

I don’t even know what to say.

Posted by .

since tmo a great answer to the question in general "what has Guinness to do with irish music?" was given by kerri a few month ago, I quote it here: "Here is the development of your typical trad musician broken down into phases:
Step one: Decide "Well, I’m never going to be Santana or Rachmaninov, but this stuff looks doable!" Get yourself the cheapest instrument you can find (if you’re poor) or the most expensive (if you’re rich). (At this point the entire price range between the two is irrelevant.)
Step two: Buy a book or video and take a pinch of lessons. Cover and let simmer for about a year.
Step three: Puffed up with excitement about your improvement over the past year and that crazy rush of knowing, like TWENTY WHOLE TUNES off by heart, decide it’s time to go public.
Step four: Show up at a session, filled with unchecked enthusiasm, and do whatever it takes to make sure you get ALL TWENTY TUNES in during the night. Go home feeling like you’ve just ARRIVED. You’ve found your people. Your music. You promise to develop a taste for Guinness and give up your fancy grenadine-coloured cocktails forever.
Step five: Become obsessed. Put your Great Big Sea, Enya, and Natalie MacMaster CDs in the corner of some dark drawer and stock up on albums filled with nothing but tunes, straight up, rom beginning to end.
Step six: Try to make the sounds you hear on these albums.
Step seven: Realize you suck, and not only will you never be Santana or Rachmaninov, you will also never be Kevin Burke.
Fortunately, by this point the fondness for Guiness you’ve been carefully nurturing all this time has taken root." (Posted on February 3rd 2005 by Kerri Brown)

The question in detail is: how affects sucking frozen guinness our playing? This must be the future of TIM