Balyshannon - at long-awaited last!

Balyshannon - at long-awaited last!

Is there anyone around Ballyshannon, Co. Donegal for the week-end? I will be there (together with a flautist and his fiddler) and it would be more than nice to meet some TheSessioneers and have some tunes together.

On Saturday night we are playing a gig with Polish Traditional music remade Rimead style, and outside of that for Friday, Saturday and Sunday we will be playing our fingers off with local musicians, and not only local ones, as far as I know - but this time in Traditional Irish way (more or less - I’m still more of a guitar player than a flautist).

Or if there’s anything worthwhile in the area, also please gimme a shout!

All the best

J

Re: Balyshannon - at long-awaited last!

Where’s Balyshannon close to?

Thursday night. MItchell’s bar, Carrigallen, Co. Leitrim. Not too far from Ballyshannon. Good session. You’re welcome to join.

Thanks a lot, John, I’d love to come - only that I am arriving in Dublin Airp. on Thursday night. No chance of getting to Carrigallen by the last orders’ time 🙁

Flauta dolce - Ballyshannon is at the estuary of River erne, just on the border of counties: Donegal, Sligo and the lovely Leitrim.

More leitrim and Fermanagh, of course (silly me)

Ballyshannon is great. I’ve mostly been there when the festival is on though so my impression of it as being full of sessions is probably a bit distorted. McIntyre’s, Dicey Reilly’s and the Thatch pubs all had plenty of music on.

If you get a chance, drive around the bay to Teelin - it’s very beautiful and I believe some of the members of Altan own a pub there. I’m sure you’ll find some tunes.

Posted by .