nursing & ITM — 2 great tastes that go great together!

nursing & ITM — 2 great tastes that go great together!

OK, actually this is shameless pandering for votes to get me on a nursing reality show.

No, seriously. In my audition tape, I even have footage of us playing tunes down at J. Patrick’s pub. Go see & vote!

http://www.nursetv.com

Uh, a vote for Emily is a vote for traditional Irish music!!!!!!!

(PS If I get on, you all can come visit me in my beachside mansion. No, seriously.)

Re: nursing & ITM — 2 great tastes that go great together!

Nursing and ITM eh? 2 great tastes… well, I’ve often thought of nursing whilst playing tunes at the pub, but it depends on who’s in the pub that night… if you know what I mean.

Heh. Sounds a bad equation to me.

Nursing + ITM = poverty

Posted by .

Enjoyed your video and I gave you the obvious "10".
Now about that beachside mansion……

Jack, between the blonde jokes, the nursing jokes & the flute jokes, I think I’ve heard more than a few of that timbre before, so do try to be a bit more creative!!! ;) As for you Tish, how do you think I was able to afford that trip to come meet you in Australia? OK well yeah, I bust my ass at work & yeah sometimes it is all bedpans & shots (unlike my lil’ video testimony) but basically nurses in America make (or can make) extremely competitive salaries. While in Indonesia, I met a pediatric surgeon from France, & boy was he cute… um, anyway, turns out for fiscal year 2003, I made over double his salary. & Donough, if any of the nurses on there now get chosen, including me, I can safely say I’ll be the dork of the group & will be my duty to have round the clock sessions in the kitchen. No, the other kitchen. That’s the breakfast nook. Yes, that kitchen. So yeah, baby, wooo! There has never in my life been a better incentive to keep my room clean. Thanks for the vote!!!!

Before I give you my vote Emily, could you tell me your views on Trad Police, bodhrans at sessions, punters, noodling, Anglo vs English concertinas, the place for highland flings in irish trad, and the shakey egg?

😛

Posted by .

Here’s the direct link to Emily’s audition: http://www.candidates.nursetv.com/EmilySeay/

Vote early, vote often!

I want to see Irish trad music on a reality TV show.

Naughty naughty Jeremy, it doesn’t let you vote more than once, I tried.
Nice one Emily, all the best.

Surely you might be able to vote >1nce if you acces the site from different PC’s/networks, etc?

Oh, and BTW Emily, not only did you *get* full marx from me, you deserved them!

….Y beuna suerte!

Lo siento, BUENA suerte!

You can vote more than once if you clear out your browser’s cookies. But they might be looking at IP addresses, in which case if you’re at a fixed IP they may throw out all your votes.

Posted by .

Ah yes, of course! (he says, pretending he knows something about computers.)

Got to [Tools]

then [Internet Options]

then [Delete Cookies]

but you need to know your password for this site (or any other sites you visit, fot that matter) or Jeremy might get Jolly Cross.

I voted for you Emily! I think there may be something to that Nursing /ITM connection. Here in Atlanta, two of my favorite ITM friends are nurses.

Posted by .

you have my vote emily. all the best

and mine. Good luck.

You got my vote, both my parents were doctors during the war, my father played Scottish Highland Bagpipes and my mother sang when she thought no one was listening…..

and mine

Posted by .

Another 10 from DK…

FYI you can delete only the cookies from that site in your browser’s prefs— takes some detective work but that way you’ll save your other passwords etc. Q makes a good point about static IP addresses though, so *caveat suffragatoris*.

And, Em, if you wind up on the tube, if you so much as *think* about playing "Harvest Home", I’ll… I’ll….

DK

Liz Carroll is a nurse.

The defence rests m’Lud.

since you delivered the Dine babys and ran an irish session on the Mesa you deserve to be a 13week star in the San Diego area.

Compared to other candidates you´ll get a top ranking even without playing irish music (I bet: top ranking as well for Angelena, Amy Morrison and Brent ). So your flute playing gives you an extra bonus from the trad community (I don´t think multivoting is necessary - who else gets votes from Ireland, France, UK, Portugal, Germany, Italy….)

when you get the job, make sure we have global access to the episodes where you discover and join some good sessions in San Diego.

Is it in San Diego? I have some friends there, if you wanna get in touch….

I went out on a whim and voted for ya. 1 is the top score, right?

It was a toss-up between you and the guy. It takes balls to be a male nurse - both literally and figuratively.

At the risk of being accused of perpetuating stereotypes or making generalisations, I’d like to suggest that traditonal music is quite popular among members of the nursing profession in the UK and in Scotland particularly because of

a) the influx of women from Ireland, the Western Isles of Scotland etc in general who choose nursing as a career.
b) You’ll often find that people working away from home tend to have an attachment(often sentimental) to their roots. That’s why Scots and Irish abroad are more Irish or Scottish(very maudlin’ in the case of the Scots) than they are at home.

Hi Em

I voted for the babe on the roller blades - hope you don’t mind!
;¬)

Enjoy the 13 weeks - the voting’s looking good. Some of the canidates are bit weird. One of them is a "nierse", apparently, one of them was like, "I was like,he was like, like" all the time and the guy… sounds like he carries a drip dry handkerchief.

Make sure you play Dr Gilbert’s during takes so we all get the in-joke.

cx

Spelling!

*candidates*, before anyone as errantly pedantic as I am jumps in

or: When Sick Is It Tea You Want?

Clearing cookies is, in fact, enough to crack the vote open to multiple votings….not speaking from experience…ehem…um…so yeah…. clear cookies….multiple votes…. raising percentages… ok…luvya…buhbye….*dr. evil look*

A toast to the combined power of the Trad People’s collective. I just hope they stock that mansion’s fridge with a holy quantity of Guinness eh… 13 weeks without it would be a tough haul…heck…one week would be hard enough. I’d bloddy well vote myself off if tha’twer the case!

I’m thinking it would good to help by dumbing down emily’s competition so I just went back and had to vote for the one who said "So, like, whenever I was groing up….like uh…" She’d be the same nurse type I think that told me I only had a dislocated shoulder while is was really BROKEN IN 3 PLACES!!!! Hmmm. did the blood and the bone sticking out not give it away dear? Emily, with that competition you’ve got a good chance of winning the whole ting.

Is it a competition? Or do they just shadow the nurses for the 13 weeks?

Em, don’t forget us when you’re famous!

I’m going to toss my cookies for Emily.

What? It’s not a competition? Do they not win anything? I think us Canadians live to close to the US border… everything’s becoming about winning these days! Only kidding my happy-go-lucky-gun-firendly friends to the south 😉

Emily, count one vote from me. Good luck! See you at J.Pats. Mike

WOWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow guys, I am, like, omg, totally overwhelmed!!! (hee hee…!) ;)

No seriously, I’m sitting here just grinning like an eejit!

Hmmm to recap… I plead the Fifth on Q’s interrogations, am totally impressed with the nefarious technological ballot box stuffing techniques but we can always blame that on the Chicago influence (vote early, vote often), & wrt Liz Carroll, wow, case closed! I really didn’t know that!!! & she’s a major hero around our house.

As for the details, most of you know I don’t even watch much television. I actually heard about this on National Public Radio!

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4659778

or if that link is too long, just go to www.npr.org & search for Nurse TV.

Basically my understanding is unlike other ‘reality shows’ like Survivor or the Bachelor, there is no (obvious) set-up for conflict. It’s sponsored by a nursing travel agency to promote awareness about the nursing shortage & the nursing profession in general. While driving home from work, the bit that caught my attention is one of the nurses says she worked for 13 weeks with the Navajo, & I’m like ‘Big deal, I helped deliver babies there for 2 1/2 years!’ Additionally, each nurse is supposed to identify a personal goal & one nurse says she’d like to learn how to surf. They edited this part out, but I said that in the ER, barely a shift goes by where I don’t have to page the translator to help with a Spanish-speaking patient, & that this language barrier definitely presents a barrier to providing good nursing care. So on the NPR story they say that suppose a nurse says she wants to lose weight as her personal goal, they will assign her a trainer for 13 weeks so they can monitor her progress, so hopefully they’ll help me learn Spanish. A fiddle player friend joked that I should have asked to learn the entire repertoire of say Josie McDermott or Edward Reavy or something, heh, which in hindsight… Oh well. I do think having Spanish under my belt will kick butt!

Anyway, I didn’t really fully understand the impact that posting this here would have, but I am really, truly deeply deeply moved!!! I doubt those other contestants can mobilize such a fabulous online community, I am in your debt!!!!

PS One other thing, as mentioned on NPR, I’m not even sure this will be on TV (yet) as they are marketing it as a net-based show to start. They talk about how most of the high-end marketing for shows like the Apprentice was done through the internet, like behind the scenes, additional clips etc, so you all can definitely tune in via the net….! If I make it on, I’ll be sure to let everyone (ie Jack) know if there are any racey hot tub scenes or the like. Heh. Oh & Conán, I DO rollerblade, you traitor! However, if they catch me rollerblading on camera, I’ll be sure to wear a provocative t-shirt praising box players or something. ;)

Just provide a link to the hot tub cam. 😉

Just voted for ya, Em - can’t do it from work because sites with video are blocked.

(Nurses here don’t seem to get paid what they’re really worth, hence my poverty comment!)

Posted by .

I voted for you, too. Is that Lady Anne Montgomery playing in the clip? My ears are not so good, nor are my speakers, I guess. Good Luck!

Oh Geez Emily, just what you need… ANOTHER venue for all the guys to see how darn cute you are… It’s going to be hard getting any nursing done when you’re fighting off all your fans!

But I gave you a good vote anyway, I’m a sucker for shameless pandering 😉

Pete

I have been watching the voting results. When this started, and I voted early on, Emily was on about 34% for the 10 score and now she is up to 66% -so it looks as if we are all having a real impact.
Pete that realy was some awful "shameless pandering."

Em, you got my vote, obviously. It’s telling that the others want to lose weight and learn how to surf, and you want to learn a language so you can do your work more effectively. You deserve to kick ass.

Yeah it’s the classic Baltimore set Lady Anne Montgomery/Maud Miller/Molloy’s!

Guys, again I am so impressed, thank you! But just for the record, in case there are any weird irregularities in voting & I get disqualified, I am formally *against* nefarious techno-activities!

That said, well Pete, maybe it’s just what my love life needs, a kick in the pants! I’ve been seriously moping of late, & those of you who know me better will know what I mean when I say this is just what I need to get out of the house more & be around ppl. Get a hair cut, maybe a new bathing suit…. Argh, I am probably the only nurse alive that hates shopping!

I have to say though, I didn’t really think this whole thing through in terms of its logical conclusion, ie being on camera for just over 3 months, though this still hasn’t dissuaded me. Additionally, I’ve never really seen more than one or two episodes of any reality show, & wonder if that will impact my behavior, ie what viewers already expect (does Queer Eye count?). I wonder if they would let me keep a reality blog or if that would interfere with the broadcasting schedule or something? The truth is, I suddenly realized today that I am really putting myself in the public eye, so um, time to get your sh*t together & move on to great things! I will say this, most of you know I am a bleeding heart liberal, & very possibly if there is any conflict on this goofy program (assuming I am chosen), it may very well be political & for that, I look forward to it! I am often astonished at how many nurses &/or other health care providers are A. conservative republicans & B. creationists, um apologies to conservative creationists on this site. Right now I am really pulling for the Native American nurse & the African American nurse. I hope the producers take into consideration diversity & don’t end up stocking the thing with a bunch of blonde nurses, myself included, though perhaps that’s what America would obviously love to see. If the thing is net-based, you have to ask yourself, is there an inherent disadvantage to racial minorities voting since there is such a gap in the have internet or have no internet? I recently read that only 7% of the world’s population has ever been on the internet. Astonishing!

Hmmm I’m just in from the pub actually, if you couldn’t tell, was reallllly nice session, Cleek, Aran, Sean, Eliot, plus the usual suspects & an unusually high turnout of young & attractive punters! *sigh* I actually looked around at one point & thought, do I really want to leave this? Then I said to myself, ‘Beachside mansion. It’ll only be for 13 weeks — go on already!’ ;)

If they decide to disqualify you, show them this thread and they’ll see how loved you are worldwide. You certainly touched all of our lives in Sydney, not least bb’s mum whose foot you nursed after her fall 🙂

Em, I’ll be looking out for that t-shirt! You’re a top girl; the only thing I’ve ever nursed is a hangover. My extensive email contact list of close personal acquaintances is on the case.

Good luck

Cx

Hi Em,
Sorry I didn’t read this discussion properly before submitting my previous post. Sorry, if it seemed irrelevent or you thought I was hijacking the thread.
Anyway, good luck and I’ll give you my vote.

What you said is still true John.

Hey, they’d have to be blind not to pick you, as well as a lot less smart than people who chose to create a show to highlight a pressing healthcare crisis probably really are. I suppose you could argue that a group of silly people can get themselves into much more entertaining knots than intelligent people can, although I’ve seen some fairly entertaining knots when intelligent people have silly moments.

Anyway, with this rather admiring group of people behind you, how could you possibly lose? 🙂

darinkelly said ‘And, Em, if you wind up on the tube, if you so much as *think* about playing "Harvest Home", I’ll… I’ll….
So what should Emily play?
Ideas: When Sick is it Tea You Want?
Ward’s Favourite?

‘um apologies to conservative creationists on this site’
bugger them - they’re potty!
What about us creative conservationists (and grating conversationalists)?
(I voted for you!)

"So what should Emily play?"

How about the little-known air "Eithnne Mabagg"?

Greetings Emily,

A resounding 10 from the great state (a little embellishing here, alright a lot) of New Jersey. Is Access Nursing the company that sends nurses all around the country for 13 week stints at various hospitals? If so I have a cousin that does this. She loves it and is on her way to an assignment in California from an assignment in Connecticut this very week.

I think one of my ex-wives was a nurse, oh yea the first one, but all she played was the radio. Anyway I think you are the most articulate of all the candidates. Good luck!

Peace,
Ed

Go get’em, Emily. You rock. Got my 10.

I even might force myself to start watching TV.

All the best

Janek

Em, when do you found out if you got in?

I just put my vote in for you Em - I wanna hang out at a mansion🙂 Good luck dear - hope you get it!
Conan - I have a terrible hangover - glad we didnt go play tunes - i was far too hammered.

Posted by .

Beebs!!! How are ya? I’m missing you badly 🙁

I voted for you too, Emily.

Jim

You guys totally ROCK!

The past few days have been absolutely surreal. Er, yeah. Maybe we don’t get to the ‘real’ feeling until the cameras start? I have no idea what I’m getting myself into!!! I’m not sleeping well, just pretty wound up….! Mostly b/c of the not knowing. I taped the thing in early June in a single afternoon with my cousin Alison who is a film student at NYU, but we kept it really simple b/c of constraints placed by the requested format, & I literally didn’t mail it for a week thinking it was just too crazy, even for me.

Then after a particularly rotten shift in the ER one night, I stopped by the post office in Fells Point on the way home at like 8am & frickin’ just mailed it. I have received only 2 emails from NurseTV since, one form letter acknowledging my desire to audition & could you please complete your online application & skills checklist including dosage calculation test (eek), & another mass mailing a few days ago telling me audition tapes were now available to view online. That’s it. I mean, it’s completely out of control. I have no idea what to expect. I wonder if this is one of those shows that tacks on a surprise million dollar bonus to the best nurse or something, or to the nurse who walks through a tunnel filled with snakes or gets reconstructive surgery to look like Flo Nightingale or something.

The other big IF is the fine print that says something like final selection of candidates will be made by local hospitals based on their needs. On the tape, I tell them that I could (obviously) work ER, but I’d love something a little less stressful like newborn nursery or mother/baby (I mean, that is my forté), esp for the Spanish speaking part. I figure this can go 2 ways. If the public is slathering for blood & guts, mother/baby is not high impact. But can’t the other 5 nurses pick up the slack? I mean they are all ICU & ER too, & I think L&D. & ppl LOVE babies. Babies are darn cute. Me speaking Spanish to cute babies. Me speaking Spanish to cute babies to inspire other ppl to become nurses to counteract the blood & guts. I think it’s possible. But maybe there’s not a need! & therein lies the rub. I am completely in the dark here, I need a benzodiazepine, STAT!

PS actually, truly, my fave is, Dr. O’Neill’s, the 5 part jig. 🙂

PSSSS AND the biggest IF of all is that technically they are still accepting applications & 10 very ultracool nurses (some also with hacker friends) could be taping their auditions right now & submitting & thus only hours away from displacing me as a possible frontrunner!

*sigh* I better have a coffee before I work in a few hours. *sigh* We are *not* counting Jenny’s Chickens before….

Heh. Hey, if you get on, great. If you don’t, great. Either way, you can know that bunches of us think you’re the coolest, and your life can continue to rock along like a great tune starting after the session’s gotten warmed up amd everyone hits the A like a ton of bricks… (to bring the tunes back into it! *smirk*)

Hi Em. Can I be your best friend if you win $1 million?

Yeah, if you get on the show, I’ll have to have my friends tape it for me!

Posted by .

I miss you too Dowsie :(

Posted by .

"Dowsie" - ugh that is just too much information.
This thread just has to break all records because it will go on until we finally hear whether emily wins. And if she does!! Well the sky is the limit.
Beebs you should start your own thread with a report on your travels so we can follow you around and then maybe Dow won’t miss you as much 🙂

Em, If this thread is any indication, you are in for a hellova good time with this thing. Best of luck, you got 10 from me.

Ken

Em, I voted you 10 before I could hear you, because my sound wasn´t working.
Later, when I got it working, I tried to vote you 10 again but it wouldn´t let me !!
Best of luck, you deserve it !
Mike.

Beebs start your own thread because I want to hear about what you did in Japan and stuff. Don’t make me get in a huff with you for not writing 🙂

Well guys, I don’t know what happened, but I am no longer in the lead!!! I don’t know what happened, but I’m down to 30%. Amy the rollerblader & Brent are way ahead! Oh well. My dad thinks there is an anti-Emily campaign out there!!! 🙂

Wasn’t Auntie Em in The Wizard of Oz? 😉

OK so I’m in FOURTH place! Must have been heavy voting on the weekend, last night I was in FIRST with 65% & the next closest at low 30s.

So here are the current stats with first # is percent for 10, second # is percent for 1. Isn’t this totally bizarre?

Jaclyn - 28.7, 20.8
Paula (Native American) - 7.1, 14.2
Angelena (African American) - 28.1, 8.4
Carrie ("this is Birmingham!") - 20.6, 22.1
Brent - 35.5, 14.1
Amy (rollerblader) - 41.4, 12.2
Emily - 30.6, 18.1
Alycen (cats, surfing) - 31.8, 18.2
Erica (Dollywood) - 25.5, 30.8
Amy - 16.3, 24.7

If we all vote all the others as 1, does that help or hinder?

I have no idea. I’m trying to figure out the logic, b/c the one critical number we are missing from the equation is total number of votes for each person. Like did I get 500 votes total, & Brent got 400, but maybe I got more actual votes for 10 while he got a higher percentage? Kind of like the statistical quandaries of the American census or college of electoral votes. Will it be popular votes or percentages? Am I destined to follow in the footsteps of John Kerry & Al Gore?

It’s a dodgy voting system to begin with. For one, they don’t tell how many people have voted (from 1 to 10) for a given candidate. The system basically assumes that a voter will vote for every candidate.

In order to get a reasonably ‘free and fair’ result, the organisers would have to go into the system and remove every vote by someone who has voted more than once from a single IP address (spoiled votes), and then add up each of the votes (a single vote having a value between 1 and 10), and the person with the highest score wins, sorta thing.

But I suspect they won’t do that. Are the results even being audited by an independent third party?

I reckon it’s time to play dirty. Emily’s percentile for 10 was brought down by someone or a group of someones who repeatedly voted 1 on her profile (see the 18%), which shifted the ratios significantly. So what we gotta do is get into everyone else’s profile and vote them down too. This is war, people.

Posted by .

LOLOLOL Q, should we get chiff & fipple involved? LOLOL I’m imagining an angry mob waving whistles & torches…. !

Yeah sign me up for mob duty. Um, though in the meantime I’ve just written a sternly-worded letter to their info@ address, asking for details on how they intend calculating the results, and pointing out the potential for abuse.

it begins, "Dear Chad"…

Posted by .

LOL! Oh dear…. oh dear! Q, I want to hire you as my personal public relations manager. Dow, you can be my ethics, pop culture & fashion consultant, speaking of which, I never ordered a session.org t-shirt, which I will do shortly (I get paid tomorrow) most likely a tank top! Sh*t, if I don’t get picked, I’ll have to find some sunny assignment to wear it on a beach somewhere.

OK but worth mentioning…. as I wrote before, here is a disclaimer direct from the website:

"Audition tapes will be broadcast on NurseTV.com and our web audience will vote for whom they want to see on the show. Final selection will be made by participating hospitals based on their specific staffing needs. Assignments will start in August 2005."

See the cute baby complex? Maybe I should email them & tell them that yes, of course I’ll skydive with bags of normal saline taped to my body or worse yet, take any dangerous nursing assignment they deem appropriate! *sigh*

Thanks guys, this outlet has become so important to me!! Aieeee!!!!

Ah, it’s semi-rigged anyway: From their website: "Final selection will be made by participating hospitals based on their specific staffing needs."

They’ll be looking at your CV, not how popular you are. So you’re a shoo-in, Tsunami-girl. Just don’t faily the drugs test.

Posted by .

GMTA, my darling. But it sure does press the ol’ emotional buttons, now doesn’t it? Jeez. No worries on the drug test, hopefully cocus wood doesn’t deliver some false positives if somehow deposited in your bloodstream. ;)

Emily, you know Myron. Myron knows everybody. Everybody is on the Internet. Put one plus one plus one together and you get three. There’s no reason everybody shouldn’t be voting for you. Time to call in the chips. What kind of friend is Myron anyway?

Emily, you’re going to be a complete WRECK by August if you care too much about the outcome… I say relax and bathe in the glory of all the yellowboard love 😉

Thank god for the Catskills to take your mind off of it, huh?

Pete

LOL John — that’s very true, Em. Enlist Myron, and be sure to tell him to have everyone vote "1" on everyone else. ;) God, this is silly. Heh.

LOL & when am I NOT a complete wreck? *sigh* This IS so silly, truly. I emailed Myron last week, but honestly I haven’t heard back. Yes, I am strongly considering staying at the Catskills until Wed or Thursday at this point! But is it advisable in terms of overseeing my online campaign? LOL no, since there ain’t no stinkin’ internet up there. Normally that gives me cause for great rejoicing…. *sigh* I do hope a verdict is delivered before then!!! But thanks for all the very good advice & support, no matter what the outcome. I won’t forget!

Yeah, it’s also very obvious that people are voting "1"s on other people, because you’ve got all these glaring "1"s and almost nothing else on the numbers between 1 and 10. So, we should be a little more sneaky about this and vote in the low numbers for everyone else. That way you don’t look like you actively organized a "vote me in" campaign. *snort*

Stay as long as you can in the Catskills, for sure!

Em, see if you can hack the website and edit in some mention of sex to your video. It will get you back on top again. Also, edit in provocative pronunciations of the word ‘nursing.’ Maybe some subliminal text as well.

This just in from nursetv: "we are not disclosing our vote fraud prevention mechanisms to avoid facilitating multiple-voting. However we are logging and auditing votes and correcting them in the case of fraud."

to which they added: "incidentally, one big reason our methods are not going to be disclosed should be obvious to you, as you are asking for this information to help Emily Seay in her voting campaign. 😉"

Curses! Cover blown… tell Headquarters I need an extraction team at my location ASAP. Go! Go! Go!

(which is to say, chances are good that Emily can now get in fair and square, without having to worry about the legitimacy of the florida vote)

Posted by .

Wow, Q… I wonder if they coped on to this thread. We better be careful what we write 😲

*zipping up catsuit, strapping on harness, adjusting night-vision goggles* Q, up here, give me your hand, quick!

Cool, this PR stuff rocks.

OK another quick update. Earlier today I received a call from a senior recruiter at Access Nurses. He had not yet seen my video (!) so we talked at length about my background, job aspirations etc. Turns out he doesn’t know when the voting will end, & there is at least one other nurse who is submitting an audition. Also it looks like the filming location will be somewhere in Orange County. All I know about Orange County is Southwest flies there, Rob Lowe’s character on West Wing is from there & there’s a tv show called the O.C. which I assume is Orange County, & all the starlets make the covers of celeb mags at the checkout like Mischa Barton or somebody. Pete got it on the nose — this is a marathon, not a sprint, time to kick back & enjoy the ride. Also to quote John Lennon — "There’s nothing you can know that isn’t known. Nothing you can see that isn’t shown. Nowhere you can be that isn’t where you’re meant to be. It’s easy!"

Me, your fashion consultant?! If Bridie reads that she’ll die laughing.

Well, which thesession.org t-shirt should I buy? You can at least claim expertise there. ;)

Good idea - Dow has excellent taste in thesession.org t-shirts.

Posted by .

You have to get the one that Q and I have, otherwise you can’t be in the cool gang 🙂

Hey Em that reminds me, you know that shirt you gave me which you’d spilt bleach all over, the one that looks like my thesession one but isn’t? Well, I used a red fabric pen and coloured the spots in, and now you can hardly notice. It just looks as though I’ve been sick on it at some point. Actually a friend asked me: "Dow did you puke all over your own arm because it looks as though the acids have ruined your shirt" hahaha.

ROFLLLLLLLL

Tell them, "Feck off, it was actually Patrick Ourceau who was sick on it & he’s very sensitive about his gastric juices, so, erm, feck off again."

Ok which one was it again? I’ll order a tank top too. Just make sure it doesn’t clash with my spy gear.

PSS If it doesn’t fit right or you want a different color or something, Bridie will be going back to Mona’s on the Monday after the Catskills & she can pick you up another. That’s cool that you’re wearing it though!

OMG I’m sitting here listening to Morning Edition on NPR & they are playing the Kinnitty Sessions! Holy jeezus…. woooo!

Gasp… sputter - choke.

Catsuit and harness, huh?

cough cough… ummm… what were we talking about again? Sorry, I was distracted there for a second. 😉

Pete

He’d be cheap on E-bay, Em. Honest. 🙂

Does the catsuit come with a new pair of FM pumps? ;o)

Posted .

Clogs. We only do clogs around here. 🙂

Well well, if it isn’t my old nemesis Harmon!!! I just knew all this talk of shoes would lure you out of hiding! mwahahaha!!!

Um… big hug? BIG HUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WILLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*jump jump jump*

Hey listen this thread is buried for now, so for Jack’s sake, let’s forget the nicey nice librarian shtick, & play the darn catsuit card! mwahaha!

Interesting the way this thread took a little deviation into clothing matters.
BTW: if you put "nursetv" and "emily" into google, this thread comes up first. If you put in just "nursetv" it comes up 14th.
So maybe people are watching us - time for a protracted covert operation or keep talking about clogs just to confuse them.

Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil.

What about playing no evil.

Wow guys, I never even thought of googling, but I just did! NurseTV came up first for me, & this discussion wasn’t til page 2…. huh. Hi NurseTV producers! *wave* I have no idea how much this stuff would impact, if at all…. again, I honestly hadn’t really thought it through. The recruiter I spoke to told me that all the other candidates are emailing *their* friends, & that’s there’s nothing wrong with that, I assume to simply build more buzz for the show. I also told him about the bizarre drop in my ratings, & he said he’d look into it.

However, while googling, I came up with a *totally fabulous* review of the whole idea here:

http://www.nursingadvocacy.org/news/2005may/20_npr.html

I mean, this just hits everything right on the head.

Ooo, that’s very interesting stuff, Em. I love turning over rocks and getting some kind of interesting thing, don’t you?

BTW, the bizarre drop in ratings — could that have something to do with the fact that we all jumped on this before anyone else’s friends could?

I think that’s a fair guess. Anyway, I’m officially depressed b/c there are 3 new nurses auditioning & they’ve extended the deadline to July 11th! I’ve been checking several times a day, but now I’m just gonna have to be Zen & give over to Higher Powers. I mean, I won’t know anything until after the Catskills anyway, so I’m now officially limiting myself to one vote check per day. OK maybe two. ;) *ohmmmmmmm…………….* Meantime, I’ll have to rely on Zina, Conan & Bridie to keep me preoccupied…. tough assignment! Just keep the pints & tunes coming & I should be OK!