Going to Tocane - anybody else there?

Going to Tocane - anybody else there?

I´m going to Tocane (July, 17th to 20th). fiddle class with Kevin Glackin or John McEvoy ….. who else from TheSession will be there?

http://domren.free.fr/tocane.htm

Re: Going to Tocane - anybody else there?

I’m hoping to be there for 2 or 3 days though not too certain which at present. In any case I’m sure you’ll enjoy yourself, It’s a very relaxed and intimate atmosphere. If the temperature stays static during the next couple of weeks you can expect 30-40 degrees on the campsite. A bit warm if you want to participate in the Hurling!!!!! See you there.

I´m going to Tocane this year for the first time because some musician friends from Ireland will be there.

The festival starts on the Sunday but I´ve heard there are sessions on the Saturday. I´ll be driving up on Friday evening (it´s about 5 hours from where I am) but I´ll have to go back on Sunday night as I´ve got work on Monday morning,
I haven´t made accommodation arrangements so, unless I find some friendly floor space, I´ll kip in the car.
It would be great if we could meet up again Ian, and you too Crannog. I´ve no idea where a suitable rendezvous place would be but I´ll have a mobile phone so I´ll send you both the number off list.
Mike.

The bar opposite the church is the handiest place for a meeting unless you happen to be the one either singing or playing when the "Angelus" starts………………..
Murf, there is a campsite that should be paid for but nobody ever does, on the edges of the football field by the river. If you arrive Friday you could stake a site in the shadow of the trees, those arriving later get very warm.!!!
I shall see if it’s possible to get there Saturday reasonably early.
See you both there.

I’ll be there with my guitar… as usual (hi Ian)
Think I’ll attend to the "sieste/canoe/apéritif/session" workshop :-)
See you there for a couple of tunes.

Antoine
PS: I DO pay for the campsite !

Oops, just realized this thread’s from year 2005 !
Anyway the link above is still relevant for 2006 :
http://domren.free.fr/tocane.htm