Jinxed is my third wife’s second name

Jinxed is my third wife’s second name

As I just learnt today, my July leave goes up the chimney due to office work pileup emergency. This leaves me more than frustrated, as I won’t be able to attend a guitar workshop with Andy Webster I was really looking forward to (sorry Alisdair - we will have to meet for a pint some other time!)

Seems like they will let me off the chain for one week in August, to soothe my bitterness. This will be between 13th and 21st, and I am quite desperate to use this week to its best and find a guitar workshop to improve my skills.

I am looking for one, preferably in Brittany, France, but might as well be anywhere this side of the Atlantic. Tuning is not an issue.

Help?…

Re: Jinxed is my third wife’s second name

Ahh… poor Janek!
I guess you already know about instrumental workshops during the 5-th Summer School of Irish Dancing in Prague, but in case you don’t: check (or czech) out the link http://www.rinceoiri.aktualne.cz/english/skola.html

They fit right in time, and there are some flute workshops as well (no, no.. I didn’t tell that)
To soothe your bitterness I have only a workshop performance of Split Rock that was done especially for your sake. Kuba may confirm. There should be a record available somewhere soon.

Posted by .

Sorry to hear that Janek. It wasn’t very nice to give you such short notice. You will have to come along next year instead. They have a guitar course most years.

Best of luck in sorting out something else for August.

Alistair

🙁

Some years this just happens………
No.1 son has just been told he will have to do a 13-week course starting next week or they won’t give him any more Job-seekers Allowance ( unemployement benefit ) which will clash with the first two weeks of autumn term of his part-time Animation course.
No.2 child has just returned from 2 months in the US, was looking forward to earning a bit more cash and having the odd week of holiday with her friends before heading off to Uni, but has just gone down with Glandular Fever……..( Mononeucleosis to the yanks )
My Significant Other and I are now the only ones free and fit, her teachin finishing-up in two and a half weeks, me being part-time and casual anyway - there goes the summer…….was looking forward to some seaside, maybe a festival ot two….