Anyone from Bendigo (Australia) interested in starting a session?

Anyone from Bendigo (Australia) interested in starting a session?

Probably this will be a lonely post, but I might as well try. We have a folk club here in bendigo that has a monthly night where everyone seems to take it in turns to perform. What Bendigo needs is a session. I have deduced that I have to try and start it, and there may be someone lurking here. Come forward!

Neil

Re: Anyone from Bendigo (Australia) interested in starting a session?

I know about it, Neil - in The Alice, they call it a ‘jam session’ and its virtually all bluesy type singers/guitarists. Wish I could make it to your session, but you are a tad too far unfortunately. Best of luck.

G’day Neil,
Like Jan I’m afraid, we are a bit too far away here in Hervey Bay, however, I hope you get a session going soon. If you are ever up this way, call in at Hoolihan’s and ask for anyone in the band “Slainte” and we will get together with you for a mighty session.
Kind regards,
Tony Friel.

Posted by .

Neil

I occasionally drop in at the Quiet Man sesh in Flemington/Newmarket when on my travels (maybe next on Aug 21)and have met one or two musicians there from up your way. Although there seems to be more going on in Castlemaine …?

Anyway, some of these go down to Melbourne just for the sessions, so it wouldn’t hurt to advertise in the Quiet Man or the Dan O’Connell for a Bendigo session.

Posted by .