The Irish Fiddle Book (Matt Cranitch) demonstration tape.

The Irish Fiddle Book (Matt Cranitch) demonstration tape.

Hi All,

I would like to get hold of the demonstration tape to accompany Matt Cranitch’s Irish Fiddle Book.

It might even be available on CD these days but I’m only guessing.

Can anyone help?

Please feel free to e-mail me if you like………….thanks.

Re: The Irish Fiddle Book (Matt Cranitch) demonstration tape.

They had some in Scales Music Shop, Edinburgh which they were "selling off" without the book from a "bargain box". I purchased one for about 50p or something like that. this about a couple of months back.

I’ll e-mail you re this.

*This was* about a couple of months back. 😉

The tutorial is available on CD now (try Googling).
I can also recommend his "Take a Bow" CD which has a lot of the tunes from the second half of the book.

Thanks both for your reply.

John J. I’ll be in touch.

I have all three Matt Cranitch CDs, and they are among my very favorites.

The two ‘normal’ CDs are "Give It Shtick" and "Take A Bow" (obvious violin humor) - both are great collections of tunes. The instrumentation and arrangements are uniquely different on almost every track. The musical notation for all of the tunes on both CDs are in "The Irish Fiddle Book". Very handy.

The tutorial CD, meant to accompany "The Irish Fiddle Book" was released after the cassette, and I don’t know if they are identical recordings. Each tune (and there are a lot more in the book than are recorded as examples) is played fairly slowly one or two times through, slowly enough that you should be able to keep up fairly well once you start to get the tune.

I’d recommend all three for anyone learning Irish fiddle.

Thanks for that Laughtonb. It was mainly the tutorial I was after, but I may well get the others as well.