Masters of tradition festival in Bantry, cork

Masters of tradition festival in Bantry, cork

Are any of youse going to this festival? it has an amazing line-up.

Hayes&Cahill, Arty McGlynn and Nollaig Casey, Steve Cooney, Donal Lunny, Mairtin O’Connor, Seamus Creagh, Matt Cranitch etc. check out http://www.westcorkmusic.ie for more details. Think it is more of a listening festival than a session festival, but with a line-up like that it is well worth going to, am going myself and no I’m not on the committee or anything like that in case you all think this is a blatant publicity stunt.

Have any of you been to it before? It’s been running a couple of years I think. Are there any sessions while it is on?

Posted .

Re: Masters of tradition festival in Bantry, cork

Yes, been there. Great stuff. Late night sessions every concert night I think lead by Martin and co.

Posted by .

are those sessions open sessions or invites only?

Posted .

Have you got accommodation sorted, bizfree?

yeah i have a B&B booked, you interested in coming?

Posted .

Might be. I’ll need to take the Monday off but the line-up looks great, esp. Máirtín O’Connor. I haven’t really played much in Cork - the closest I got was Skibbereen and Connolly’s of Leip.

You should book tickets in advance, am sure it will sell out soon. you can get festival passes for €90 €115 or €150. wouldn’t recommend the €90 ones because the seats are in a really bad place. Have been in the venue before, really nice place but avoid the cheap seats at the back at all costs! Let me know a.s.a.p. if you are coming, I can book you into the same B&B, got a nice discount from them thanks to the festival office. It’ll be great craic, sure it doesn’t look like they’ll miss you in work, you spend all your time on this website!

Posted .

Shhh my boss is coming!

Actually he’s not - I’m on my own 🙂