Fleadh ‘05 - Who’s going?

Fleadh ‘05 - Who’s going?

Quick show of hands ….

I’ll be there from Wednesday til Monday.

Re: Fleadh ‘05 - Who’s going?

I hope to go from Wednesday until Friday.

I am. There will be a large number from the North, given the location

Posted by .

I am. Camping from Friday- Sunday or Monday!!!!!

I’ll be there Thursday/Friday (depending on jetlag!) til Tuesday

leaving california to be home in time for the fleadh is a bit pathetic but i have to do it!! force of habit!

hey my sister is singing in the over 18 section. go see her she’s great!

im goin lol and im sharin a tent wif paulam!!!!

going fri to sun, playing sunday.

Posted by .

Intend to be there for the Éigse week and the Fleadh weekend. In fact the week leading up to the Fleadh is often the best time for a few tunes before the crowds arrive on the Friday. The Club Éigse sessions will take place in the Clanree Hotel each night from Monday onwards starting around 8.00pm. These are big sessions (literally hundreds of musicians from the course) which, from previous dicussions here, may send many of you into a state of horror. However, my own experience has shown this session to be surprisingly enjoyable. It also serves a very useful purpose for beginners/improvers and has over the years prepared many a musician for that leap into the real thing. The main reason though for mentioning this here is that the Clanree may also be a useful focal point for musicians meeting up during the week. Hope the weather stays good!

Yeeeehawww!!! Got my fleadh head on and rarin to go 🙂

I never realised you took that head of ,Breandan!!! See you there!!!

Like Wurzel Gummidge, I have several heads - session head, festival head, gig head, fleadh head, ………

To the untrained eye they may look the same but they are, in fact, subtly different 🙂

See you there - I’ll be up from Friday with leave taken through to the Wednesday just in case it gets good!

We will probably follow our plan A as usual, which will be to find a good pub close to the outskirts and settle ourselves in for the weekend and simply wait for the fleadh to come to us. Usually works and hoping that Leitir lives up to the standard of the last 10 fleadhs or so.

Thats a grand plan Breandan and while you’re waiting on everyone, we will have the joy of covering as many pubs as possible, looking for you!!!!

hope tht we includes me paulam!!! cant wait 2 go!!!!! 🙂

I’ve never been to the Fleadh myself. Seems like a good bit of crack. I’d have loven to go this year but I’ve done enough travelling with going to rallies etc and I don’t think the oul fella is up for it. Theres always next year.