Pneumatic Bodhrán. I’m not joking.

Pneumatic Bodhrán. I’m not joking.

A pal of mine at tradmusic.com put me on to this.

Pneumatic drums made by David Faulwasser of Germany.

If you are interested, go to http://tradmusic.com click on luthiers and again on bodhrans.

No comments necessary, but I’m sure some of you wont be able to stop yourselves.

Re: Pneumatic Bodhrán. I’m not joking.

Hmmm….does it actually say pneumatic bodhrans, though?

Deffo worth playing one with a penknife then.

Pump up the jam!

Aye, On yer bike!

I suspect it just refers to a way of tuning the drums - although the description "Peumatic Bodhrán" makes you think of some bizarre Heath-Robinson device designed to wreck a session without the bodhrán player even being present. Presumably so that he/she can wreck another session somewhere else at the same time…….

Posted by .

As a fiddle owning guitarist, you must be an expert on "session wrecking".

Our session this evening was bodhran-free, for the first time…

…and I missed that steady beat…

All in good fun Bliss - as you know, the guitar & the bodhrán are at the bottom of the pecking order inthe traditional music world. Many guitar players get knocked by the melody players (usually for good reason), so, then it’s our to turn to knock someone else. Who do we pick on? Well, obviously the next down the pecking order! You see, it’s all related to the way the Darwinian natural world works.
😉

Posted by .

Apart from being thick-skinned (the players), the pneumatic bodhran can also be used to safely deflect thrown objects (apart from knives).
The session police will issue on-the-spot fines to the player of any bod with less than 1mm of tread.

Pneumatic bodhrans?!

Whatever next? Air guitars? 🙂