Le Bouëbe vs Irish Bouëbe - any real difference

Le Bouëbe vs Irish Bouëbe - any real difference

I’ve just noticed on John Williams site one Saltarelle called Le Bouëbe, which says it has 21 buttons, and then the Irish Bouëbe as a seperatae accordion, with 23 buttons. Is their any difference between these two accordions beside the number of buttons. (ie. tuning, voices, anything like that different.) If the only difference is the number of buttons, is 23 really needed, or would 21 be enough for ITM?

Any help would be very appreciated, thank you.

Re: Le Bouëbe vs Irish Bouëbe - any real difference

I think the Irish Bouebe has a different keyboard (flat versus stepped), and the Irish Bouebe has a stop to remove the thirds in the basses, which I think the other lacks. I also think the bass buttons may be arranged differently. The two less rreble buttons are on the bottom, I think, and I am pretty sure the only button you lose that you might use in Irish music is a low A. But I only know for sure what the Irish Bouebe has, since that is what I play, the other I am less familiar with.

Ok, thanks for your help.
Sounds like they are the same accordion more or less but the Irish one having all the features suited to irish playing, i’d better go for that one then.

La Bouebe is a G/C accordion. French Folk-suited.
The Irish Bouebe a B/C. TM-suited. It’s as simple as that. Two totally different beasts.

Christian

ITM-suited, of course. I should have avoided this term altogether…

Christian

Thanks Christian, although I had heard that the Saltarelles could be custom-tuned any way one wanted, then the two accordions would be much more similar…

The Irish one is the way to go for this music, I am very happy with mine.