Time for "Blind-date" sessions?

Time for "Blind-date" sessions?

Following on from, and putting a bit of a twist to Ptarmigan’s "Time for Trad auditions" thread:

I propose that we have………..

DEAF-date sessions!

Ok, so, what happens is, rather than hiding behind a wall and asking questions, the "victim" can see the three potential session dates but…… he/she has to wear industrial ear-defenders and can’t hear a peep from any of the three potential session dates. 🙁

Now, it would be too easy to tell by watching someone play to decide how good a musician they might be - even if you couldn’t hear them, so you’re not given the chance to even watch them play music.

You have to choose your session date by watching how they cope with a series of pre-determined tasks, such as eating a donner kebab (do bits of vegetable or meat fall out when they do this - maybe a messy player?), drinking a pint of Guinness (do they let it settle, or drink it before this - possibly indicative of someone who plays too fast - then again, they might just be thirsty…), etc…. 😉

And, what’s the prize you’re wondering?

The prize is, you have to invite this person in to play beside you, in your local session for a month of Sundays. 🙂

So, which three thesession.org members would you elect to be on a panel as potential "deaf-dates" (remembering, one has to be a wild card… I won’t mention any names), and who might you suggest as a victim……

Posted by .

Re: Time for "Blind-date" sessions?

Jeez, Ron - I already do gigs on this basis all too often! Except I don’t get three choices…

Posted by .

Lothario seeks dumb chick

Must like piano accordion music (hence dumb), long walks to the bar and back and loves the smell of Guinness on a man’s breath. Own car and teeth a bonus.

Just back from a rare event in my neck of the woods - yes, A SESSION and, what? - Ho, Hummmm…. only 2 replies, and BOTH from piano-accordion players (both good craic though). Come on, yous’re are not expecting me put my head on the chopping block here I hope?

Oh, all right then, here goes…

"Deaf dates":

Phantom Button
Bodhrán Bliss
Cath

"Victim":

Michael Gill

Posted by .

Just when I thought we could not sink any lower……

Hey we haven’t done "naked mud-wrestling with bagpipes" yet.

Well, at least I haven’t

Yeah, OK lads, it was a really crap thread. Serves me right for being in charge of a keyboard with a drink in me! 🙁

Posted by .