Irish Music Benefit Concert in New Jersey, USA

Irish Music Benefit Concert in New Jersey, USA

Gloucester County College in Deptford, NJ, USA will host an Evening of Irish Music to benefit the Victims of Hurricane Katrina on Wednesday, Oct 12th 2005 at 7:30 pm in the College Fine Arts Center. The performers are Brendan Callahan- fiddle, Darin Kelly- guitar, Kevin Kelly- bodhran, Bob Michel- flute and concertina, Conal O’Kane- fiddle and banjo, Mike Plunkett- banjo and mandolin. The evening will include solo, duo and full group performances of tunes and songs. The concert will end with an invitation to all musicians in the audience to join the performers onstage for a set of jigs “Banish Misfortune/ Out on the Ocean/ Tobin’s Favorite” and a set of reels “Gravel Walks/ Merry Blacksmith/Hunter’s House”. Come out and support this great cause, and enjoy an evening of top-flight Irish Music. Tickets are $10 for adults and $7.50 for students. All proceeds go to the victims of Hurricane Katrina. For more information call 856-853-0019. Gloucester County College is located 15 minutes from all Philadelphia bridges and is right off Route 55 in Sewell, NJ. Directions to GCC are available online at http://www.gccnj.edu/general_information/directions.cfm

Re: Irish Music Benefit Concert in New Jersey, USA

I wish I could go but that marks the begining of a holiday for me (I am Jewish). Plus it is kind of far anyway.

Posted by .