Video from SLPC 2005 summer tionól now up…

Video from SLPC 2005 summer tionól now up…

For any interested parties, there is now video up from David’s June visit to the Salt Lake Piping Club’s summer tionól. You can find the clips on the website if you’re interested:

http://www.uilleann.org - then click on the link on the main page.

Some mighty piping to be sure!

Cheers,

Brian~

Re: Video from SLPC 2005 summer tionól now up…

I get some sort of error message from Windows media player when attempting to open…

If you’re having any sort of trouble, I’d suggest right clicking and "save target as" to your machine. The files average about 5 megs each…tried to go smaller, but lost a lot in sound quality. I’ve gotten them all to download from the site just fine on my home machine using Firefox, IE and Netscape. You may also want to double check your player and see if you need any updates etc. The files themselves are just straightforward .wmv format from Windows Movie Maker. If needs be, I might be able to email them to you as well.

Hope you’ll be able to see them soon - great stuff!

Bri~

thanks…I was at work (hehehe) and could not get the download..I am at home now (with Firefox) and have no trouble. THese are superb!

clip 8 : shoals of herring??
anyway: great material!
mm

Posted by .

i mean: i always thought this was ‘shores of erin’ …
mm

Posted by .

That’s just what the guy singing it always calls it - could be something different. In Irish music, it usually is. ;)

Updated the files and should have all the tune names labeled correctly - more or less! Also added one new clip and resampled a few of the tracks for better sound quality. This made them larger again, but still, I feel they’re worth the wait. Sorry for you poor folk still trapped with dial-up! :(

At any rate, thanks for the interest so far, and do enjoy! Cheers!

Bri~