Anyone looking for lessons in Orlando,Florida

Anyone looking for lessons in Orlando,Florida

Myself ,Peter Browne(box),Colin Farrell(fiddle),Shane McGowan(trad guitar) and John Norton(bodhran)
have moved to Orlando for a while.
We would be available for teaching if anyone’s interested and is geographically close. There doesn’t seem to be alot of music around ,just putn out the feelers as we all have alot of free time during the day.

regards,

Peter

Re: Anyone looking for lessons in Orlando,Florida

We could sure use some help in Savannah.GA.
I know its not as glam as Orlando.

Posted by .

Hi Mr. Browne,

Welcome to Florida & hope you enjoy your stay. I’m sure there are a lot of musicians there who need lessons 🙂

Maybe when the word gets out you can arrange to meet with the occasional music-minded Mom or Pop traveling to Orlando from elsewhere in the country for family trips to Disney World.

There are some good musicians a little further south, notably James Kelly, though it seems a rare event to hear him play locally. Count your blessings that hurricane Wilma missed you (in Miami our power has been out since a week ago Monday).,

Paul Groff

I’m new to this thing. Not sure how it works. Depending on how long or why you’re in Orlando, Florida, you may want to head north to the mid-west or north-east US for good-decent-great tunes. Say hey to Mickey for me.

Joe

Hi Peter,

My name is Lamont Goff, I’m in the Orlando area, and would enjoy getting together with you and the guys some time. I play mandolin and guitar; my background is mostly bluegrass/newgrass/jazz, but have been playing more and more Celtic the last few years. I’ve been learning every Solas tune, as time permits, and started the John Doyle rhythm guitar instructional video a few weeks ago.

I can probably hook you up with most of the local Celtic musicians, too. There are two sessions in the area, one up in Eustis (once a month) and one just south of downtown (every other wednesday). They are both listed on this site.

You can reach me at: lamont.goff@earthlink.net or

Thanks,

Lamont

Pete, hows it going
Came across your message
Can you do me a favour and tell that bollox of a brother of mine that he must have forgot to transfer the flight money to my account.

Cheers

Farrell

Posted by .

Probably you fellas are a bit beyond me but I’m open to suggestions as to where I can find a few fiddle lessons during the month of July (at least)…I’m just 6 months into learning this thing. Sadly my parrot is mimicking my scree. Help!
Linda