Ian MacKenzie C chanter for sale

Ian MacKenzie C chanter for sale

Simack (Ian MacKenzie) C Chanter - Made by Ian MacKenzie in 1999. Sri Lankan blackwood. Brass and immitation ivory. Wooden top. Two keys, C key and an F ring key. The chanter has blocks for all other keys including top D and Eb. The chanter is a copy of a Coyne chanter. There is a repaired crack in one of the blocks that holds the F key.

Before you ask, I’ve always been happy with the chanter but the reason for selling is more or less a financial one.
The plan is to sell the chanter which will help pay for the duplication of a forth coming cd that I’ve just finished recording. Then money raised from the cd will go towards paying for a full set in C from a US maker.
I could have orderd the rest of the full set from Ian but he’s in Austrialia and I live in St. Louis now and there are a lot of fine makers across the states. I’m playing pipes for over 20 years now and I’m getting fussy in my old age and so I didn’t want another set of pipes made by different makers.
Currently my D set is made up of a Johnny Bourke chanter, Kevin Thompson regulators and drones made by Leo Rowsome, Kevin Thompson and David Boisvert!!!
They are playing great nowadays but it took years to figure out reeds for a set with a wide bore chanter and medium bore regulators, etc.
So while I am reluctant to sell it, I will start a fresh with a full set of pipes from someone else.
Also, I am getting married next year so finances are dictating that I don’t hold on to any extra instruments.

Pictures, sound files and details are at http://www.uilleannobsession.com/classifieds.html#2
Anyone interested can contact me at tompipes@tompipes.com
Price is always negotiable.
t