Whatever Next?

Whatever Next?

Is there no end to the talent of these people?

So, last night at The Lewisham Irish Centre we were witness to a fantastic display of virtuosity. That has been said on previous threads, but for the record, we were fortunate to hear Chris Corbett (flute) playing with members of Hungry Grass, whose latest CD offering I have just given ear to:

http://www.hungrygrass.co.uk/

they were outstanding. As was the lovely Helen Roche, next on the bill.
http://www.helenroche.net/

Teada, the top of the bill, need no introduction, or links.

But what are we going to get from Helen, or the Hungries, in the future? We need more!

We DEMAND more!

Yeaaughhhh!!

Re: Whatever Next?

So, the point being, there seems to be a thing these days where local stars make ONE album. Then, because they have day jobs etc., that’s all we ever get from them!
Granted, people are working, have kids to look after, whatever, but the rest of us are asking…IS THAT IT?

:|}

Danny- isn’t music something you DO not just LISTEN to? So why not get off your **** and do something yourself instead of just whinging about it?!!!

mark harmer well said hee hee hee 😉
truly origional

Sorry if it came across as a whinge, lads. S’what happens when you drink too many beers on top of a heavy cold! :-}
Was just meant to be a kind of veiled plug for some mates of mine, which obviously backfired. In any case I DO play music, not just listen to it, so what was so original about Mark’s (presumably not deliberate)misrepresentation of my original post?

HI Danny, I’m so pleased you didn’t take it as anything other than just an honest reaction to your post! It would be great to hear more from the likes of Helen etc - I know what you mean about day jobs, a necessary evil unfortunately…shame they get in the way of the important stuff like making music.

No worries, Mark, but I don’t think I made my point clearly enough. I wasn’t whingeing about *me* having a day job, kids, etc., so not getting out to play music; but that same predicament happening to our local stars. And that may be why they often make one album only. Yet we’d all like to hear more of their output. Hope that clarifies it. Liked your website, BTW.

Danny, I think it may be a bit like a first novel. You have it in there, simmering for years, so you put in the time and effort to make it happen. But the second……urgh. Whole different energy.

And with a band, you have more than just yourself to get motivated and organized.

Life is just sooooo complicated. (You may quote me on that.) 😉