A P O L O G I E S

A P O L O G I E S

In one of the recent threads I did have a go at certain German musicans in a way that I wouldn’t certainly call very cultured. Especially that no matter what my reasoning or feelings were at the moment, there are several sides to every story, and I presented only one of them, in a biased way, not giving too much thought to the fact that I could offend someone or, worse even, cause trouble to them.

Which, it seems to me, I did.

Therefore, I would like to express my deepest regret of what I have written, for slagging other people in the public, especially that they didn’t deserve it, and hope that we all don’t quite take for granted everything that we read on the Internet. If any of you took a firm view on any of the musicians I’ve described - please base your opinion on their actual performance and personalities when you meet them, not on other people’s accounts.

I just sincerely hope that we will have only brilliant memories from the recent festival.

Re: A P O L O G I E S

Well said Janek. Fair play. It takes guts to admit you made a mistake. In the terminology of today’s young people - Respect.

I would also like to walk the hall of shame for my OTT remarks recently as they were overboard and looking back its a lesson to the way i play music too a little more thinking before the fingers go wild I met another org member and he said you really aint as bad as you come across on the web which brings me to say I am sorry for misleading anyone into thinking im a facistracisthomophopicxenaphobicsexist musician with issues, im not

Janek is right, my comments on that thread were one-sided and ill thought out.
Mark

Heck, I’ll apologize for yelling at the T-mobile representative who put me on hold for 2 hours yesterday. And while I’m at it, for the times I tease my pet dog against my wife’s wishes. But, I won’t apologize for any locusts, famines, or plagues, because I didn’t do it!

Posted by .

What a great bunch of people we have on the session !.This wave of confessional hysteria could never happen on Chiff and Fipple or any other music forum.I am also very sorry for anything said to offend anyone on the hallowed yellow pages of the session!

Posted by .

Well, at meetings, when absent people send their "apologies", I often feel like apologising, even though I’m there.

Posted by .

Yeah, and I’d like to apologise for probably not offending as many people as I could have done in the past year or so - but I promise to try harder.

Posted by .

I’d like to apologize for the poor sense of humor I just exhibited on the "normal" thread. 😉

Guilt Be-gone™

This thread is like a get-out-of-jail free card for your conscience. Or confession - three Hail Carolans and two Our Guinness and you’re good to go, Jack.

Posted by .

I apologize for the brain-wave messages I was sending to the poor bodrhanist sitting next to me last week…

make love not war
free
peace
sweet

I’d like to apologize for saying something "rude" on the weather thread about how appreciative I am of beauty… I guess. 😏

I’m sorry for playing a little experimental augmented 5th chord in a session 2 years ago

I’m just sorry that I missed the fight that everyone is apologising for at the serious end of this thread.

Sounds like it was a good one.

I’d like to apologize to all the sessions I’ve frequented over the years, and particularly anyone who’s had to listen to my fiddle playing.

Sorry that I was too drunk to play the intro.
And for liking the CORRS.

Posted .

Oh mo chreach! Well, I’d like to, apologise for, well, just being🙁

Oh, and also for farting, walking quickly away, and looking accusingly at the bodhrán player😉

Posted by .

"Confession is good for the soul, but bad for the reputation."