Stolen Piano Accordion

Stolen Piano Accordion

Sadly, a stunning wooden 60 Bass Salterelle Clifden Accordion, price £2 779,plus two AKG mikes in silver case were STOLEN last weekend from Shona Kipling, an up and coming young player and student at Newcastle Uni on the Folk and Traditional Music Degree Course.

If anone Has any info Please contact me
reed@ingramsounds.co.uk

Re: Stolen Piano Accordion

I guess this is a bad time to make piano-accordion jokes, huh?

Hey guys, you should visit this page if you don’t know what one of these accordions actually looks like:

http://www.talus.force9.co.uk/ssfc/

Sympathies to Shona! I’m sure everyone here will be watching out for it. Hope you get it back soon.

It’s the worst thing that can happen to a musician, to have their instrument stolen like that.
I’d just hate to think that one musician would do this to another musician.

Anyone know if Simon ever got his Concertina back?
I remember hearing that someone stole that from under his chair at one of the Celtic Connections festivals.

There are that many Clifdens around. Worlwide alert. A thoroughly despicable act. Please keep us posted on this site and let’s all make sure we spread the word. Any ideas for hidden identifiers on our intruments by the way ? (or how can we make them traceable once they leave the manufacturers?)

shona’s Salterelle Clifden Accordion has had the bass reed removed.

WOW!-seeing how pretty they look (thanks Ptarmigan), perhaps you should consider RF-ID marking….one of those sticky things they use over here for theft protection…and no more piano-accordion jokes-promise!

They should be marked somehow in a way that can’t be removed easily. I had a Martin D-28 stolen in SanFrancisco in 1972. I had inaid three mother of pearl stars down the headstock and remover the Martin name. I just hope it got a happy home. Scary…at gunpoint.