Trade-in shops in Ireland?

Trade-in shops in Ireland?

I have a lovely blue acoustic/electric cutaway guitar that I bought two months ago. I am no longer in the city where I bought it and need to sell it before I have to leave the country next week.

I would like to trade it in for a fiddle. Does anyone know of music shops either in Galway or Dublin that accept trade-ins or who would buy used equipment?

Re: Trade-in shops in Ireland?

In Dublin you could try Waltons. I wouldn’t hold out any great hope of getting good value for your guitar in a trade at a shop - far better to try to sell it privately.

Put a big FOR SALE on it, carry it around with you, attend every session you can etc etc

Posted by .

Re: Trade-in shops in Ireland?

Goodwins in Caple street Dublin take trade ins.

Posted by .

Dublin guitar/fiddle shops?

I posted this a few days ago, but it doesn’t seem to have appeared on the site.

I am going to be in Dublin tomorrow and Wednesday, and I have a guitar that I would like to trade in for a fiddle. Do you know of any shops in the city that would take an Aria acoustic/electric cutaway in exchange for a fiddle? I paid €300 for the guitar just 2 months ago, and don’t need a high end fiddle, just something full-size above a student level. I am no longer in the city (Cork) where I purchased it.

What I have found (in Galway, where I am now) is that if a store does sell violins, they don’t take guitars for trade-ins, and if a guitar store takes trade-ins, they don’t sell violins.

Might I be in luck in Dublin, or do I need to risk flying back to the US with the guitar?

Re: Dublin guitar/fiddle shops?

You could try contacting James Beatley, Dublin Fiddle maker at:
http://www.beatley.ie/
(Tel. & E-mail details are on his site)

Pretty sure he wouldn’t be interested in your guitar though, but he may well be able to recommend the best shop to visit.

Good Luck.

Mc Neils used be the shop to go to.
But thats gone now. The equivuilant is now in Clondalkin, but cant guarantee any success.
There are a few shops in Town. Waltons - George’s st., Perfect Pitch Exchequer st.
Good luck

If you’re in Ennis, then there’s no better place than Custy’s. As regards Dublin, Crehan’s in Drumcondra is one of the best fiddle shops you’ll find anywhere as it’s owned and run by musicians and has an amazing stock of instruments which they’ll only be too happy to let you try out.. I wouldn’t be sure if they’d do “trade ins” for a guitar but you could always give them a ring (I don’t have their number but you’d get it from “11811”).