White Horse Wake

White Horse Wake

Just in case any London-based folks have got any free time next week 🙂

The White Horse pub in London’s East End closed rather suddenly recently. A lot of people who had been there in the past didn’t get a chance to pay their respects. To give you an opportunity to do that, there will be a one-off session next Wednesday, 21st December starting c. 9pm. So Mick and Mary will be the other side of the bar for a change 🙂

The venue is:

The Bohola
423 Bethnal Green Road
London E2 0AN

Tube: Bethnal Green, one stop east of Liverpool St on the Central Line.

Buses: 8, 106, 254, 388, D3, N8, N106, N253

N.B. All welcome, it’s not just for ex-Horsh types. Sorry for the lack of notice, but it’s only just been arranged. Please check back here nearer the time to confirm details in case anything changes. We know for many the East End is another country 🙂

Google Maps:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=bohola+%22423+bethnal+green%22+london+e2+0an+7739&sll=51.527111,-0.059697&spn=0.037387,0.049902&sspn=0.019678,0.026264&iwloc=A&hl=en

Streetmap:
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?G2M?X=534695&Y=182701&A=Y&Z=1

Re: White Horse Wake

Damn. Wish I was going to be there for that, Orson. My best to all, though.

See you there.

Ah’ll dae ma best, big yin. Perilously close to the_Quair_Fella_who_humped_Mary_Magdalen_Fest, though isn’t it?
like ZinaFest, another one not to be missed, I suspect.
Thanks for the warning, Horsheen.

Just sumarising the idea in the DaVinci Loadabolax. Haven’t read it (yet) but bought it for someone ironically as a Chrimbo pressy, whom I know won’t read so I’ll get to read it ….Tee-Hee…

BTW Ecu-David, no chance of turning up? Forsake the lovely wife and wean(s?) for just this once?

Nahh…

But at least I tried, Goddammit, I tried!

I won’t hear a word said against that nice Dan Brown - let me get my bit in first!
Having both appeared in the Time Team de-bunking programme with Tony Robinson ( 2nd disciple from left ) and done a couple of very long( but well-paid ) days work on the big movie, and also bought a copy of DVC in a charity shop, I can say I’ve made money out of Dan Brown, but he’s made none out of me.
Do we now have to call Jesus QFWHMM ??

I’ll be there John!

G Pete, LOL ref Jesus crack (carefukl now!)

Posted by .

What is the French for “nom de plume” anyway? 🙂

Sorry if that description offends you Pete. I have to admit he was quite well adjusted for an only child.

White Horse Wake - CONFIRMED

The White Hose Wake is going ahead tonight as planned, all details as in my earlier message:

https://thesession.org/discussions/8652

Oh, and I hope you’ve all held back a bit on the festivities in preparation … not like some donut I heard of who had a bit too much vodka with his tea yesterday and woke up in ’Stow bus station at 1am today … when trying to get from London Bridge to Acne. Talk about 9 stops past Barking 🙂

Re: White Horse Wake - CONFIRMED

… White Hose? Hmm. Whatever. Merry Christmas y’all 🙂

Well, they’re prolly playing as I post. HEY! When one of you is done, give us the highlights, willya?!

A whole lotta good tunes and good people and oh god someone please find me a new liver.

Posted by .

LOL – nice! Sounds like a good time was had…