Slow Gold

Slow Gold

Has anyone any experience with the slow-down software "Slow Gold PC Software"? Would you recommend it - or some other software of the type?

Re: Slow Gold

I’ve used ‘Slow Gold’ for many years and found that it works very well. Slow down, or speed up a .wav file, change the ptich, loop it, trim it, save it. All good stuff for learning tunes.
However, I’ve not tried any other similar application, so I’m afraid that I can’t evaluate ‘Slow Gold’ relative to the other contenders.

One caveat,
I’ve recently had a difficulty slowing down tunes nabbed in session by my USB voice recorder. The recorder produces .wav files that play under ‘Slow Gold’ at normal speed, but fails to either replay at a diffrerent pitch or slowed down. I’ m not yet sure whether the problem lies (may not be the program’s fault).

salut,

I have also used Slow Gold for several years and find it easy to use.

I record session tunes in MP3 format and use Slow Gold to convert them to .WAV files. I have no trouble with slowing them down or changing pitch.

Cheers,

I would recommend to try a download on your PC first before buying slow gold. On my PC and on a friends PC slow gold doesn´t work. The only thing it slows down are videos.

Posted by .

Here’s the budget option.
Get iTunes, use it to convert cd’s to .mp3.
Get Winamp plus the loopmaster plugin(looping sections of songs) and the slowmedown plugin(change tempo and pitch).

I’ve got a program named Amazing slow downer,found at www.ronimusic.com.
Fantastic program.Have never had problems with it.

Asgeir
Norway