What I want for Xmas next year: A tune tamagotchi!

What I want for Xmas next year: A tune tamagotchi!

A PDA/tamagotchi with a tune database. I think it will be called an I-sesh. When two meet, they compare each others tunes by radio, then signal respective owners with a list of tunes that the two have in common. That will save all the ‘do you know this.. no, how about this’ etc. Or do you have one already. If so, is it a cancer risk if you don’t wear the ear piece?

Re: What I want for Xmas next year: A tune tamagotchi!

Hahaha that’s a great idea. They should be able to scan each other by infra red like when you send someone a pic on your phone. You could choose whose tamagotchi to scan into and have everyone in the session zap their tunes in, and that tamagotchi would come up with a list so you wouldn’t have to sit around thinking what to play. You could even get the thing to make up sets for you by using certain key changes and searching for similar rhythmic patterns, or maybe it could search the web for sets that have been recorded on CDs.

I thought I had one of these, but then The Village People started coming to our session.

Of course, then some twidget would come along and invent something to play our instruments for us, and we would all be out of work.
But come to think of it, a little device attached to my button box that would help me (just a little) with the rolls and triplets that are currently beyond my ability would sure be nice…..

Wouldn’t it act dumb if one note was changed in a tune, the way Email addresses don’t exist if one character is out of place?
Wouldn’t everyone then throw them on the floor and stamp on them?

what i want for christmas next year is to achieve a degree of proficiency on the irish flute (i started 2 months ago) to be able to play christmas carols in church christmas morning on the irish flute. lots of christmas carols on guitar are difficult.