Greater Philadelphia Scottish and Irish Festival

Greater Philadelphia Scottish and Irish Festival

At the Valley Forge Convention Center in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania.

Kick-off Friday night concert on February 17 featuring Maura O’Connell, Rathkeltair, and Ashley Macleod.

Saturday and Sunday Festival on February 18 and 19 featuring Brother, Seven Nations, The Jimmy Kelly Band, Andy Cooney, Searson, Seamus Kennedy, Halali, The Brigadoons, Dave Anthony Overdrive, Hadrian’s Wall, Timlin and Kane, and more.

Plenty of vendors, whisky tasting, dancing, etc. available to keep you happy as well.

For more information, visit East of the Hebrides Entertainments at http://www.eohebrides.com.

On a more personal note, I have no affiliation with the above event and understand that the lineup is not likely to appeal to many people on this site. I’ve gone each of the past 6 years or so, and although I won’t likely be attending this year as I’m no longer in the Philly area, trust me, it’s a good time.

p.s. If you have a family who doesn’t appreciate hours of bagpipes, drop them off at the HUGE King of Prussia about 5 minutes from the festival, enjoy the music, and pick them up about 10 hours later when they’ve finished walking around the mall.

Re: Greater Philadelphia Scottish and Irish Festival

I tried the link you posted and it doesn’t work. I am interestedin a schedule of events though. If you could e-mail me the info, that would be great!

Weird about the link. It’s what they have listed on their brochure I just received in the mail recently. Wonder if maybe the site is just down temporarily. Anywho, the brochure just lists the days the different bands are playing, which doesn’t probably help a whole lot. I’ll email you the organizer’s phone number listed on the brochure though.

Link still doesn’t work. So who are the Scots at this festival then ? I shudder to think of a band called "The Brigadoons" !!!

Posted by .

Yeah, festival definitely skews more Scottish and Canadian-ish in terms of the musical lineup. As long as I’ve been going there’s never really been anything that would appeal to IT purists. It’s still fun though and there’s usually at least one vendor with a good selection of CDs that I like to check out. If you’re in the area it’s worth checking out.

I tried the link - it’ll work if you remove the dot after com.

"So who are the Scots at this festival then?" - A very good question, after having googled some of the acts.

Posted by .