buried treasure

buried treasure

Thinking about cape breton, and looking for a tune, i found this link buried in the tune comments by Drummond Castle.

http://www.bubbaguitar.com/articles/orandoshep.html

There’s no end to the wonderful stuff deep in thesession.org, beyond the scintillating banter of current discussions, I mean. Good thing life is long.

I did follow the jig/slip jig discussion to its end, under Lisdoonvarna in tunes: not sure life is that long.

As a relatively new member, wonder what else I am missing? Any recommendations?

Re: buried treasure

Pretty funny, full measure – I was just reading the jig/slip jig debate under Lisdoonvarna this weekend. For all the silliness that goes on here, this site is a fantastic resource. And yeah, sometimes you have to dig for the nuggets. Thanks, Jeremy.

So Jeremy, how often in real life have musicians recognized you and treated you like a celebrity? Not that you’re not, of course, but our world is pretty small in the larger scheme, after all. Does it throw off your non-musical friends?

Re: buried treasure

I guess I meant that as sort of tongue in cheek, but wasn’t too clear which part of which tongue; I actually did really like the Tha Mi Sgith reference and links, and actually did read all of the Lisdoonvarna jig discussion. I actually did feel that it was better than treasure, on a February day, to have these green glades to wander.

Now I’m wondering if I need to get a life. Naw. I’ll do something useful and then later come and browse here some more. Thank you all! Even silly digressers. If there were such a thing.