Ceol Rince na hEireann [not just no. 5]

Ceol Rince na hEireann [not just no. 5]

i’ve been thinking about buying the whole set of these tunebooks. can anyone suggest a reliable and reasonably priced source?

sarah in portland

Re: Ceol Rince na hEireann [not just no. 5]

The good news is that these books, and I recommend all of them , all seem to be obtainable through the internet, but beware, as prices vary drastically. [ One seller – and I hope this is a mistake – seems to be asking £130.00 for a copy of Vol.2. ] This address here:

http://www.eofeasa.ie/cuplafocal//catalog/product_info.php?products_id=962&osCsid=8d1606e74d7d79ee85d58836c10c0241

would appear to have all 5 volumes, and according to a currency calculator, all would cost less than $18.00 each. You would of course then have to pay postage to the States, but you might not get cheaper than that.

Posted by .

If you know some one in Ireland, it may be cheaper for you to get them to post them to you from here.
Definately invaluable as tune books go, I wouldnt part with my set of them.

Posted by .

See my links to CRE 1-4 on th eotehr discussion, and save yourself the money, unless you just like books.

on "The other" - apologies for the typo

I’ve got number two,should I take it to the Antiques Roadshow?

Assuming they are still in print, a good US source for these five books would be the House of Musical Traditions in Takoma Park Maryland (www.hmtrad.com). Even if they don’t have them currently in stock, they should be able to get them for you - although it could take some time.

Another good source in the US would be Ossian USA up in New Hampshire (www.ossianusa.com). In fact, they currently show all five volumes of CRE in their online catalog at a price of $24 each.

Celtic Grooves Imports in Silver Spring Maryland(celticgrooves.homestead.com/CGhome.html) also lists all five volumes in its online catalog, but the price there is $32.95 each.

All of these businesses do mail order sales.

John has hit the mark—I have dealt with both HMT and OssianUSA and they are good outfits.

I’ve dealt with Ossian USA a few times and it was great to have a source for not-so-common products, but it bothered me a bit that they didn’t keep me posted on shipping delays – even when I phoned and got an assurance that I would be notified. I assume it’s a small operation.

Elderly Instruments (www.elderly.com) lists them all for under $23. They had at least a couple of them in stock as of two weeks ago.