Fiddlers in the New York City area…

Fiddlers in the New York City area…

We want to hear you! The Reelies are currently seeking a fiddler to round out our sound. We play house concerts, Renaissance faires, weddings and more - there are paying gigs coming up!

Check us out and hear song samples at http://www.thereelies.com. Contact Jeff Kalmar at jeff@thereelies.com if you’d like to audition.

Re: Fiddlers in the New York City area…

No takers? You did hear me say *paying* gigs, right? 🙂

Jeff,

Nice stuff on your website. You stopped in at a session at the Harp and Bard several months ago. I remember how you went on and on about your fiddle player, so I checked out your site then. Unbelievable player, she is! So, maybe all the other fiddlers are intimidated and afraid to audition?? Tough shoes to fill, I say! Good luck in your search!!

Colleen
www.liscune.com

Have you asked Michelle Bergin? SHe is in Queens. SHe advertises lessons in the Irish Echo…I also know of a young girl in LI Siobian Smith…nice fiddle player…

Colleen, I remember that evening at the Harp & Bard! Haven’t had a free night to get back there though, sadly…

Brigidfeld, Michelle Bergin eh? Sure, and maybe I’ll just ring up Eileen Ivers and Alasdair Frasier while I’m at it, lol!

Seriously, thanks to all for your input. We do have a couple of leads to play for a few things that are coming up fast, but we’re still looking for a long-term player, so drop us a line if you’re interested!