Custy’s Music Shop, Ennis

Custy’s Music Shop, Ennis

Just a note to let you know that Custy’s is on the move, after many years in Francis Street, at the beginning of May. John asked me to pass the word around, and so I am.

Their lease is up for renewal, and John feels things will work out better in different premises. They are moving, quite coincidentally, to premises in the same yard as the Knotted Chord shop used to be, but not the same building.

It’s very central, off O’Connell Street near the entrance to Dunnes, between Brogan’s and the Old Ground.

They’ll have over twice the size of shop, and three teaching rooms above, with a separate entrance. Personally I’ll miss all the little kids on a Saturday morning with flutes and concertinas weaving in and out while I browse the CDs. Anyone else feel a pang of mild regret at the passing of the little shop? Like missing the old style Sainsbury’s when it became a supermarket chain?

Re: Custy’s Music Shop, Ennis

Knock the f@cking lot down and build a great big car park for dunnes. Who needs run down tatty music shops? Progress people, progress.
Now where’s my big fat cigar….

Yes. It was a lovely little shop. Was in it many a time over the past few years. Hopefully they can stock even more cd’s in the new premises if it is going to be much larger. John is a lovely fella.

I’ve been through custy’s a few times. great shop. attachments are easy to form in life. but sometime you gotta change things up. sounds like there are many advantages to the new location and i hope it all works out well. i look forward to stopping in the next time through town.